Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the geometry on my 5 reset before Castle Combe on Friday. What settings would you advise for mostly track use, bearing in mind I cant afford new tyres every trackday. ;)

I'm thinking Camber -2deg F, -1deg R ; Toe in 1mm F and amp; R (is toe in normally quoted per side or total?)

Any views much appreciated.

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These settings look ok, as with everything it is very personal how you set the geometry on your own car, depending on your driving style and how you like the car to handle. With the settings you have given the car should be fairly neutral.
Toe is always quoted as total.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Totally agree with Clive. My car is set to similar settings and it handles very neutrally until I provoke a bit of oversteer.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geometry done, the old (factory?) settings were interesting.

Camber not too bad - but 0.5 deg out on one front wheel.
Tow in Front 4mm and Tow out Rear 1mm ( most of the tow on the left side on F and amp; R)!!!!!!!!!

Be interesting to see whether I can tell any difference at Combe :D

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a lot of wear with those settings you had
some people persist with toeing the front out but its a bad idea as the toe out anyway under braking
with those settings your car would have been very reluctant to turn in due to front toe but then with the toe out on the rear it would have then wanted to snap into oversteer once u did get it turning
yuk!
you should notice a difference

andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts