Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me the CORRECT settings/figures for fast road set up.
Ralliart won't help (top secret). I have read the topic covered not too long ago on another site and had this done on Saturday but no better.

I believe the Front camber is fixed.not adjustable ?

Front toe in is -3 (1.5 each side)

No real problems with the rear, but front end is all over the place. Very unerving in the wet or traveling fast over rough surfaces

Yes I have checked my tyre pressures and the car has done 3 thousand miles from new.

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The front camber is adjustable. The upper of the two bolts, which secure the strut to the knuckle, can be rotated to select different camber settings.

I found my car twitchy too but now appreciate the responsive handling. The car just needs to be driven actively.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try these settings, got them from LEDA:
Front : Camber -1 or -2 Deg
Toe in 1-3mm (Total)
Rear : Camber -1 deg
Toe in 1-2mm (Total)

I am running LEDA Adjustable Oil shocks with 10.5 275lbs springs on the back and 9 350lbs on the front Front camber -2, total toe in 2mm, rear camber -1 total toe-in 1.5mm Feels pretty good but I will be trying different spring rates and geometry settings, will keep you posted!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ian

You could give Steve Hill Motorsports a ring. They set up the geometry on my E4 recently and had a list of settings for all Evo's and road types.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clive,

can I follow the LEDA setup for my EVO 6 with HKS adjustable dampers and springs. I am suffering from uneven tyre wear at the front and at the moment, I'm lost.

Can I take the figures above and show it the the Mitsubishi dealer and ask him to follow those settings?

All help greatly appreciated.

Lawrence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lawrence,
Take your car to any garage that can carry out laser wheel alignment and they can set the geometry to anything you want within the range of max adjustment of your suspension. If you run -2 deg front camber you will wear the inside of the front tyres quicker than normal, but will get less understeer. -1.5 is a good compromise. Is your HKS suspension to hard for the road?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The HKS suspension is not too hard for the road. The road holding of the car has improved alot. I will be bringing the car to a guy called Stuart Tams to cure my current setup. He will probably tell me what would be best for road and track day setting. (I hope so)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts