Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve had my Evo IV for about three weeks now and obviously I`ve been reading up about technical things etc. I don`t really intend to modify it for extra performance as it is quite fast enough for my needs...( If I want to go really quick I get the bike out! )....However, reading a lot of the posts here and elswhere it appears that the Evo is, in general, a delicate and fickle beast that needs a lot of TLC for it to perform as normally without something horrible going wrong!...My AYC light is on...Haven`t got a clue how to go about fixing it but the car seems to perform and handle far better than anything else I`ve ever had so I`m wondering if this is one of those little gremlins that can be ignored? The service interval seems excessive if one is just using the car as a "normal" mode of transport and the cost of even an oil change is nearly as expensive as a top-end overhaul in my factory-engined 7RR so I guess what I`m asking is what exactly have I let myself in for?...I love the car...It is a nearly mint example and driving it is a real hoot but I have a feeling that, if Evos are as delicate as they appear to be then it`s going to cost me a lot of cash!.....Any thought would be very welcome!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Andy....I must admit I did think that the servicing would be a little less frequent...i.e. every 8000 miles but 4500 is as bad as the bike ...Still..I don`t want anyone to think I`m complaining...just a bit shocked....
Oh and thanx for the AYC advice!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts