Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a clutch change and as a result the gearbox oil was changed, almost certainly to a differrent type. Castrol Syntrax 75W/90 oil is in the gearbox now, but I don't know what was in there before that. Since the oil change I have noticed a very faint whine from the gearbox. At the moment I'm thinking this is because of the different oil not working as well and want to try a differrent oil. Can anyone recommend an alternative, perhaps slightly thicker, oil?

Cheers

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi DG

I use the same grade as you (75W-90) but made by REDLINE.........I'm very happy with it - no noise and the changes are very slick.......but not as slick as a Honda S2000 (girl friend's car)..........my EVO6 has only done 10,000 klicks.......still on my first clutch!! What am I doing wrong!! (joking)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Claudius

Yes, put a new flywheel on. Now that it's all bedded in the clutch and gearbox feel great.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DaveG,
What mileage have you covered? There seems to be another problem with the Evo's regarding the Input Shaft Bearings wearing at roughly 20k miles (but as early as 18k miles). I know of 3 people local to me who have had this problem on their E6's. Symptoms are a whine from the gearbox.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts