Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help with my evo 6

I have issues to select gear in the morning,I can select gear if the car is off once I switch the car on its very difficult to select any gear

I noticed if I put the car in gear then start it then it's ok

Is it time for a new clutch

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it only first thing when the engine is cold, does it get better as the car warms, if so. i'd try a different gear oil first

Stu
It's on initial start up only

Once I get it in gear it's fine

I will try do the oil first

Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
It won't go into any gear
well if it were mine, I'd try a different oil, think i'd use redline (search on here). If that doesnt help it could be a sign of clutch, but as you say its fine once warm, just an oil change maybe enough

Stu

·
Premium Member
11,648 Posts
Adjust the clutch pedal rod 1st, how to below, bleed clutch, and if no joy change box oil.

Slide the driver seat all the way back and look at the back of the clutch pedal (flash or drop light helps!).

Adjusting the clutch pedal is very easy. Simply loosen the lock nut from the bracket connecting the push rod to the back of the clutch pedal. With the lock nut loose, the rod can be turned to move the clutch pedal higher or lower. This will in turn increase or decrease the rod travel (and hydraulic movement) and dictate "where" in the pedal the clutch engages.

For the most part, the rod can simply be turned by hand. Wiggling the clutch pedal while turning the rod can make it easier, but there is a flattened location on the rod to use an 8mm wrench if turning it by hand is not possible.

To move the rod higher and increase travel (move engagement up), turn the rod clockwise. To reduce the travel (move engagement down), turn the rod counter-clockwise.

TECH TIP: If an aftermarket clutch is installed and there is trouble getting into gears or it won't go into gear at all, the clutch is likely not being fully disengaged when the pedal is in. To overcome this, adjust the pedal higher.

Once the pedal is close, a few test drives and shifts will allow it to be dialed in for your clutch and feel. Do not forget to tighten the lock nut on the rod down before driving!

TECH TIP: try to adjust the pedal and do test drives/shifts with the tranny and clutch warm. If the adjustment is too "close", it may be fine when cold and get notchy or not fully disengage once everything warms up and the clutch expands with heat.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Adjust the clutch pedal rod 1st, how to below, bleed clutch, and if no joy change box oil.

Slide the driver seat all the way back and look at the back of the clutch pedal (flash or drop light helps!).

Adjusting the clutch pedal is very easy. Simply loosen the lock nut from the bracket connecting the push rod to the back of the clutch pedal. With the lock nut loose, the rod can be turned to move the clutch pedal higher or lower. This will in turn increase or decrease the rod travel (and hydraulic movement) and dictate "where" in the pedal the clutch engages.

For the most part, the rod can simply be turned by hand. Wiggling the clutch pedal while turning the rod can make it easier, but there is a flattened location on the rod to use an 8mm wrench if turning it by hand is not possible.

To move the rod higher and increase travel (move engagement up), turn the rod clockwise. To reduce the travel (move engagement down), turn the rod counter-clockwise.

TECH TIP: If an aftermarket clutch is installed and there is trouble getting into gears or it won't go into gear at all, the clutch is likely not being fully disengaged when the pedal is in. To overcome this, adjust the pedal higher.

Once the pedal is close, a few test drives and shifts will allow it to be dialed in for your clutch and feel. Do not forget to tighten the lock nut on the rod down before driving!

TECH TIP: try to adjust the pedal and do test drives/shifts with the tranny and clutch warm. If the adjustment is too "close", it may be fine when cold and get notchy or not fully disengage once everything warms up and the clutch expands with heat.
I will try adjust the pedal and change the oil

Is Millers 75 90 nt any good

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,843 Posts
I had the clutch replaced and still have the same issue :blush:

Is the box due for a rebuild?
Send a PM to CliveW would be my first shout on this. I doubt it is rebuild time if it's not be crunching/whining/other nasties. Maybe worn selector parts.

Reactions: abdul100

·
Premium Member
20,559 Posts
I had the clutch replaced and still have the same issue :blush:

Is the box due for a rebuild?
You have the problem back again AFTER new clutch fitted ? Problem WAS sorted in the past with pedal adjustment you said ?
Let me guess the brand /type of clutch ...:utahere:

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You have the problem back again AFTER new clutch fitted ? Problem WAS sorted in the past with pedal adjustment you said ?
Let me guess the brand /type of clutch ...:utahere:
Yes problem was solved for a short period

It's a exedy clutch 😶

1 - 20 of 24 Posts