Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have an EVO4 RS. Japanese mechanics from Bozzspeed advise to change to a higher viscosity tranny fluid ASAP. I did in mine, 85/140W fluid for rally. I also had my clutch adjusted to maximum pull (longer, more precise travel). After about 15 mins. from tick-over, gearchange is smooth, like a hot knife going through bread. However, the 1st 15 mins of gearchanging is a bitch!

I also have a hard time downshifting from 4th to 3rd gear in hard-driving, though if I slow down the downshift, it goes in easily. This seems normal for all other EVO's here in the Philippines, whether 4, 5 or 6.

Clutch life had lasted for about 10,000KM, or about 6,500 miles on my car. I'm onto my second set, though I'm the second owner. The prevous one was a ham fisted idiot posing as a driver. Can you imagine he broke all four O.Z. OEM wheels?!

EVO's are very expensive here, going for about 30,000 UK pounds for a basic RS model EVO6, though these come with Brembos and 17 O.Z. wheels.

Regards,

Botchi

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HOT KNIVES GO THROUGH BUTTER NOT BREAD!!! I DON'T THINK THAT THE PREVIOUS OWNER OF YOUR EVO4RS DESERVES SUCH A PUT DOWN!!! LAST I CHECKED YOU DIDN'T HAVE OEM O.Z. RIMS!!! (HOW COULD THAT HAVE BEEN BROKEN!?!) SPEAKING OF THE GRIND YOU GET FROM FOURTH TO THIRD THIS CAN BE BLAMED TO THE 4G63 TRANSMISSION WHICH PLAGUES MOST EVOS, ECLIPSES, AND VR4's! (f.y.i. the evo4 in the Philippines were released with steel rims)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts