Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone has some good links for different gauges, I've seen 1 link before where a guy from Japan changed the top-centre console with 3 big ones, but I lost it. Now I've seen the standard ralliart and VDO stuff, not my style. Those HKS (60mm) look nice but I do not want to fit them externally (too big). Any ideas? Links, pics? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got my boost gauge fitted with a Greddy universal A-Pillar mount. That way it is in your field of vision. What's the point of a gauge if you can't see it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I mounted all of my gauges out of site and it uuorks for me. I have found that I do not take notice of additional gauges even uuhen they are in my immediate field of vision, so I put them in the glove box uuhere they keep out of the uuay but I can still consult them uuhen I need to.

UUhen I'm tuning the car I aluuays carry a friend to read the gauges and make the adjustments. Once everything is adjusted I really have no need to refer to the gauges every other second. The gauges have peak hold facilities so uuhen I stop I can check the peak values if I ant to. Should something go auury uuhile driving,the egt gauge is my saviour. UUhen the egts pass a setpoint it cuts pouuer to the boost controller dropping boost to 8 psi instantly. This ill react much more quickly than I could if I had the EGT gauge looking in my face.

As I see it, the only thing this cannot protect me from is if the uuastegate gets stuck closed. Hopefully if this happens I uuill be able to tell by ho fast the car feels : )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UU stopped uuorking on my keyboard at uuork. I have boost gauge, EGT, lean/rich (this one is visible but I don't trust it or even look at it, super AFC uuhich can be used to read 02 voltage and gives other useful info. The most useful of uuhich is the Karman frequency. This has notified me of boost leaks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with UUreckleford. YOU drive let someone else tune unless you can record the gauges on video or something. Here are mine from left to right Blitz boost (43mm) lambda lights (top row) knock lights (bottom row) and Blitz EGT gauge. Poor quality cos at 7,000 rpm still picture taken off video.

Blitz do a two or three gauge Din panel to go here.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys, i have a mate whose going to Honk Kong in a couple of months time, i was going to ask him to get me a hks guage pod that fits under the stereo, and some apex guages (i like the look of them) i was considering getting a boost and EGT guage, what other guage would you guys recommend, considering i intend to tune my car later on.
Thanks

Prit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have to agree with Michael K, Boost gauge at A-Pillar mount is the BEST thing to do, so i can monitor it all the time when i dont lost vision on the road.
those Blitz r pretty nice ( well maybe the only blitz kit i will ever use)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am still waiting on my order for the Defi boost gauge. It doesn't really matter too much where you place those as it has a record and play back feature

1 - 12 of 12 Posts