Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, is there any way I can have oil temp, oil pressure and boost pressure to show up on the built-in touchscreen on my Evo X, even via the aux input? Either that or on my iPhone.

I'm wanting to be able to view this info but not on traditional gauges as the Mrs simply won't let me get them.

Suggestions of any other alternatives that can be hidden out of site but seen when I'm in the car myself would also be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any particular app/product that you know of? I've tried dash command but can't get the three measurements that I want.

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,843 Posts
I'm wanting to be able to view this info but not on traditional gauges as the Mrs simply won't let me get them.
Is it her car or yours? :crackup:
What's wrong with fitting some more gauges to a car that, lets face it, is designed to have them fitted and catered for my the aftermarket with lots of neat solutions.

Reactions: d4zza

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
Grow a pair is the best option! Tell her you need them so you don't blow the thing up.

As far as I'm aware the plug in OBD 2 wireless app's can't measure oil temp, oil pressure or boost as you require sensors to measure said parameters.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Autosportlabs Racecapture Pro Mk3

You could fit it in the glove box if you don't want it to be seen, but it fits discretely in the 'cubby' hole below the HVAC controls, and then simply wi-fi data to your iPhone or iPad mini. Alternatively, double din android head unit.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
No one has reprogrammed the oem Rockford Fosgate unit.
Alternatives are to replace the unit with a generic double din Android head or just mount a phone/tablet with an obd2 wifi/bluetooth reader - then you can run the TORQUE PRO or DASHCOMMAND apps/software to display any set of programmable gauges.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks folks, some good suggestions. Tried growing a pair, didn't work, so looking into the autosport labs racecapture.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No one has reprogrammed the oem Rockford Fosgate unit.
Yeah, I thought I'd read that somewhere hence why I was hoping maybe the aux input could be utilised. (I am assuming the aux input can accept video input though)

·
Premium Member
323 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
if you wanted a cheaper set-up you could try and piece together some Defi kit, sensors to advance control unit in the glove box and then Bluetooth via a Defi smart adapter.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if you wanted a cheaper set-up you could try and piece together some Defi kit, sensors to advance control unit in the glove box and then Bluetooth via a Defi smart adapter.
I'll look that up also. Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts