Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting my first Evo (in fact first turbo car) tomorrow. Done abit of searching but cant find what im looking for.

The car I've seen has...

Defi oil temp
Defi water temp
Defi oil pressure
Defi boost pressure
Defi exhaust temp

Great... But what should they all be reading?... :confused:

Previous car was a Integra DC5 which I didnt fit gauges, I would just keep revs low for 10 mins to let things warm up.

What I'm trying to get at is...

What reading should I have on the gauges before using boost and what is safe to have before turning ignition off?

Cheers for ya help

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Oil temp - normally around 95-100 degC when engine is warm and up to temp. Normally wait till over 70 deg before pushing on.

Oil pressure - normally around 6 bar+ when pushing hard up the rev range. Around 1 bar or just over at idle when warm

Boost gauge will depend on what model you've got.

Exhaust gas temp normally around 700-750 ish assuming it's mounted after the turbo. If they get up to around 900 then start to panic ;)

Andy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oil temp - normally around 95-100 degC when engine is warm and up to temp. Normally wait till over 70 deg before pushing on.

Oil pressure - normally around 6 bar+ when pushing hard up the rev range. Around 1 bar or just over at idle when warm

Boost gauge will depend on what model you've got.

Exhaust gas temp normally around 700-750 ish assuming it's mounted after the turbo. If they get up to around 900 then start to panic ;)

Andy
Cheers for that. Looking at 5 and a 6, but looking more towards the 5.

These two...

http://www.torque-imports.co.uk/cardetails.php?c=199

http://www.torque-imports.co.uk/cardetails.php?c=161

Many of you use the Defi link controller to put in warnings?

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Have a read of the buyers guide before you go as there is tons of good info in there.

As for warnings, mine are set at

Oil temp: 120 degC
Oil pressure: 1 bar
EGT: 900 degC
Boost: 2 bar :D:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have a read of the buyers guide before you go as there is tons of good info in there.

As for warnings, mine are set at

Oil temp: 120 degC
Oil pressure: 1 bar
EGT: 900 degC
Boost: 2 bar :D:D
Yeah keep reading it over and over.

Having only owned NA cars, I'm a bit dubious of old turbo cars cause of things I've read/been told in the past... :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts