Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
"Speed is a contributory factor in a third of fatalities in London and we hope trialling these cameras will enable us to stop motorists who endanger lives by speeding."
So by that reasoning speed isn't involved at all in 2/3 of fatal road accidents in London, and is only one of the factors involved in the remaining 33%.

How does that justify putting up so more speed cameras?

Shouldn't they be paying more attention to the factors involved in the majority of accidents, not just ones that provide direct access to cash?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Probs cause MORE accidents as women adjust their make-up in the rear view before each camera... You know "just incase"... ;)

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
It does provide an opportunity for some outlandish pranks, I'll admit.

Buying an old LHD covertable and driving it through a camera site with your roof down and a blanket covering you and the steering wheel and a mate in the passenger seat with a spare steering wheel waving it above the roof acting like he's panicking would be a good one. :crackup:

I doubt they let you off points just on sheer comedic grounds though. :(

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
They have had cameras like that in Europe for years.

I remember getting a ticket through in Germany and they have to show your face to identify you as the driver, unlike this country which simply presumes the registered owner was driving unless you can prove otherwise.

Was quite amusing when a friend of mine got a ticket and his wife went ballistic at him accusing him of driving like an idiot etc etc. When the photo came through she was driving :D

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Weebl said:
Was quite amusing when a friend of mine got a ticket and his wife went ballistic at him accusing him of driving like an idiot etc etc. When the photo came through she was driving :D
Oh how I would have made her grovle! :crackup:

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
Not really a new thing we've had loads of these in kent for ages they have an infared flash slightly different from gatsos and a lot more expensive

K

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
Red Mitzi said:
Truvelo isn't it ?
yeah thats one type and there is an other can't remember it's name .

K

·
Modulator
6,146 Posts
KIERAN BARKER said:
yeah thats one type and there is an other can't remember it's name .

K
Think you might be looking for the name specs camera's k , noticed they are now putting them up on the A2 by the chobham turn , all the way to the two esso service stations :mad: , they are the little cctv looking unit with 2 circular units either side normally sited on a blueish pole and the units are painted yellow ;)

mike

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
mike & jane said:
Think you might be looking for the name specs camera's k , noticed they are now putting them up on the A2 by the chobham turn , all the way to the two esso service stations :mad: , they are the little cctv looking unit with 2 circular units either side normally sited on a blueish pole and the units are painted yellow ;)

mike
i know them ones mate but thre is another make of foward facing ones btw i don't think them ones on the m2/a2 are permanant just alot of road works going on think thats why they are there any way they'll never catch me

i don't "cough cough" speed :moon:

youngsyr said:
Aren't the pairs of "cctv" cameras average speed cameras, as seen on the M1 road works?
thats exactly what they are and some where on here is a thread is how they can't catch you if you change lanes not that i'd try it

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
I like trying to "hide" behind lorries in the next lane in for just one of the cameras, just to try to be annoying and let them try to match up pictures.

I'd never speed through them. You've got to give it to the designers, they're very effective.

Only problem is it's now clear that 50 miles an hour is too slow even with a contraflow. It feels absolutely pedestrian on the M1, and on the uphill parts the lorries slow down to 40 mph :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts