Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this relatively new dealership (8 months old I believe)........I'm considering them as an alternative to Ware Garage!!!!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I've not heard of these guys. In fact I'm not too sure where Dunmow is to be honest. :eek: Is it near to Chelmsford? (I'm thinking of Great Dunmow)

I use the Wickford dealers (because they are only 15 minutes up the road)and they are quite new to Ralliart servicing (about a year or so) and it shows. They are getting better each time I go back for a service though. The main problem I've had with them is that they forget to order certain parts so I have to go back a second time to get he job finished. They are suitably apologetic and will offer discount on the parts as a gesture.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Dunmow is north west essex over near stansted airport.

its about 15 miles from chelmsford.

were gates originally the ford dealer in dunmow which was originally called thompsons?

if so they have a good history of decent car servicing.

it is a bit of a pig to get to, although the b184 through the rodings is good for a blast.

i was brought up and went to skool there. used to be a nice place but has expanded massively due to airport. plus roads in the south east are so busy.

·
Registered
254 Posts
WICKFORD!!!!!!!!!!!

they made me feel like I was :wallbang:

I use Colchester now as they are nearest but if their servicing is as reliable as their sales peopleI would try to avoid Wickford at all costs. The experience I had with their sales team left a nasty taste in my mouth

·
Registered
45 Posts
bought my VII from gates of dunmow,, very interested in me buying the car, not very intersestedin sorting out problems with it, and i dont really think they have a good knowledge of the evolution, there tech is about 20 years old and doesnt have a clue. mine has got no cat on it and thats how they sold me it,, but they didnt actually know that,, so makes you think,, the only thing i'll be using them for is service book stamping, i would definately not trust them to do something like a clutch, they also dont seem to know much about when and what is done for servicing

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'm too f#cking lazy to go anywhere else!

Colchester is too bloody far to go just to get me service done.

I might try the one in Dunmow but to be honest from what I hear you are as likely to get a poor standard of customer service wherever you go.

15 minutes drive to find out they've forgotten to order a part is a fair sight better than an hour's drive.

Can't comment on the sales team as I bought private but they seem to get the job done eventually and the Evo Techs that carry out the servicing aren't in every day so I'm guessing that they are at another dealers in the area on other days (Dunmow for example?) so the only difference between dealers int he same area is going to be the reception (generally always poor) and the parts department (forgetful but apologetic and discount giving at wickford, can't comment anywhere else)

I'm only getting stamp servicing done there, anything major I'd take to [email protected]

·
Registered
347 Posts
mbauto said:
bought my VII from gates of dunmow,, very interested in me buying the car, not very intersestedin sorting out problems with it, and i dont really think they have a good knowledge of the evolution, there tech is about 20 years old and doesnt have a clue. mine has got no cat on it and thats how they sold me it,, but they didnt actually know that,, so makes you think,, the only thing i'll be using them for is service book stamping, i would definately not trust them to do something like a clutch, they also dont seem to know much about when and what is done for servicing
I test drove a silver vii there in december, it might be the same one, was it there long before you purchased it......??

the one i drove had a racing suction kit, dump valve etc etc......

·
Registered
45 Posts
yeah thats the one i believe, i test drove it in december too picked it up about a month ago,, not a bad car but i think its probably been on the track abit, hench 16k and no stone chips,, bit odd and def had no paint done,, coulds have just been a town car tho i suppose,, in regards to the tech there,, i hope that isnt the evo one,, cos i took my car back cos of a knock at the front, one of the mechs there said to him try the top mount nut, so he tried to tighten the three top mounts nuts which were already f.t,, i was like **** off you'll snap them off,, hopeless boy, i think im gonna try marshalls in cambridge,, much less of a trip

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.