Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get some gaskets for my 3inch magnex, didn't get any when I bought it. Usual places don't stock them. Someone did sugest getting some from a commercial exhaust.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
moby i did not get any with mine the guys in the garage used some gasket sealer should be able to get some from halfords or motor accessary shop.hope this helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh probably have to take the same route, bit poor though £450 on an exhaust and no gaskets....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moby,

Get the 3 HKS gaskets.. thats what i have on my magnex...

Talk to any of the guys that sell HKS.. mine came from Simon at Woodford Garage.. i know for sure Mark Shead of MAD has 1 coz i gave him one of mine....

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I had mine fitted RSR used the original items from the down pipe and de-cat.

Is this wrong.

The exhaust was tested and is not blowing.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you`ve had a 3 system fitted then the original gaskets are too small and will be blocking the path slightly.They need removing and replacing with the correct size gaskets.

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RichiW.

Cheers for the reply. To be honest I didnt even look at the gaskets when I had the down pipe and de-cat fitted.

I presume the dark bit under the new gasket is the original item. Is the gasket shown a HKS gasket.

Many Thanks

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skeletor, u coming to Boxhill on April 7th?

Ive had the 3 magnex downpipe, de-cat and hyper muffler fitted to mine now, purrrrrrrr.....! I had the same problem, didnt realise till we started fitting it that I didnt have enough gaskets! Went round the local exhaust place and got some that where only about 2mm too small, runs fine though. Surprising just how crap the original system is, gases run into back-box at a complete right angle!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, should have explained abit better.

It is actually an OEM gasket that comes with the car from new.When they fitted the 3 Magnex together they re-used the same gasket.Hence you get a gasket with a 2 1/2 hole in an exhaust with a 3 hole.

The black is soot on the gasket where its been sat obstructing the passage of the exhaust gasses!! .... so in effect your new 3 is still a 2 1/2 system!! NOT GOOD! Also, with the obstruction you *could* get (though i`m not sure on this part) sound waves resonating back up the exhuast which could hamper performance even more.

Hope that clears it up alittle. *cough* ;)

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh, and your also creating alot of turbulence in the exhaust, which is the last thing you want too! smoooooth is the way :)

Rich.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts