Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MLR Oldie
14,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you pay per month for gas / electricty and what company is it with? (ideally based on 3 - 4 bedroom houses)

My direct debit payments haven't been covering my gas/elec usage so I've just had a rather large bill through the door so i'm interested to see what others pay.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Funnily enough Barry, I have just had mine through. Four bedroom house with three occupents. We are with British Gas.

For a quarter, the gas bill was just over £420.00 and the leccy was £250.00.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
i think a lot of people are getting big bills in after us having such a cold few months. we moved house in december so havent had a bill for either yet. have a feeling it will be big though :cry:

·
MLR Oldie
14,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've been paying £35 / month for each and just had a bill through the door telling me that i've got £500 outstanding. (thats not just for the last 3 months though - the £500 has been accumulating over the last year)

According to my gas / elec consumption i need to increase my direct debits to £65 gas and £65 leccy to break even. I've stuck them both up to £80 each to chip away at the £500.

I could have just paid the £500 but i've got an engine to get built:mhihi:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
i think a lot of people are getting big bills in after us having such a cold few months. we moved house in december so havent had a bill for either yet. have a feeling it will be big though :cry:
It will. :D My gas bill is only so high because of the winter months. During the summer it drops to less than half what my latest bill is.

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
Last qtr was £879 for both by N Power. 3 bed, 2 adults 2 nightmare kids :goingmad::rolleyes:
I'm sure there is a free car to come with it tho

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
20 for gas 20 for electric and 10 for water.

3 bed town house, but live here alone so a few of the rads are on quite low in the spare bedrooms and bathroom.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
4 bed detached, i used to pay £50 a month duel fuel. just had a letter telling me that it's changing to £37, that's with n power

·
Registered
39,091 Posts
We dont know who provided us never mind getting a bill:eek:

Been in this new build since July last year and not had a bill yet, phoned all the places and no one seems to know who provides, Our neighbours know theres but their provider dont seem to provide us:confused:

Its going to be one almight big bill, just as well money has been put away every month for it:mad:

·
MLR Oldie
14,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We dont know who provided us never mind getting a bill:eek:

Been in this new build since July last year and not had a bill yet, phoned all the places and no one seems to know who provides, Our neighbours know theres but their provider dont seem to provide us:confused:

Its going to be one almight big bill, just as well money has been put away every month for it:mad:
I've heard this happen a few times before with folk who've bought new builds.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
spoke to the developer? ours had a file with all the details in including some kind of registration number for the meter. its possible they haven't switched it over yet and that the developer is still paying the bill!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
this is going to shock you,but we live in a wooden built bungalow,3 bedrooms,and been in here since ocotber and our leccy bill for the quarter was £2,500 and odd pence that is with e-on.
they are a joke,a rip off:wallbang:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts