Lancer Register Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Yeah they sound like they deliver big numbers, I like precision turbo's but don't offer a twin scroll housing I want to keep the stock response feel
That efr 7670 benja reacomended looks like that ticks all the boxes for me
I might have to concider one of them now

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
My last track car I ran a gt3582 with full-race twin scroll the torque & response was instant and pulled very nice, but lacked top end power so changed for a norris t04z kit massive top end power but so much lag hopefully this time round I can get best of both

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Being evolution of GTX, GTX2 should provide you with same options, with added benefit of slightly higher efficiency.
3076 may be good, but 2.4 can use more turbo, like 3576 or Blouch special 3276 as in between step.

I thin anything smaller then 3071 .82 or better 1.05 exhaust housing will be creating too much backpressure.

·
Registered
Evo VI RS
21,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I started this thread to get some feedback on Gen 2 GTX turbos......
all I've had so far is.... this turbo this....this turbo that.... blah blah blah - yackety smackety :yak: :thumbdown

Please can we keep it on topic - that being GTX gen 2's.

Ta.:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Good point, I'm going gen 2 gtx3071 twin scroll for my new set up, will post results but might be a while

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Here are some draft results with a pull at 1.75-1.8bar. AFR is NOT reading correctly and the torque is a bit funny because the specific road was not ideal for virtual dyno.. This is 459whp (around 490hp at motor side). The boost is already tuned at 2.0bars and feels faster and hopefully will be able to do some pulls later this week to see the hp numbers at 2.0Bar. My target was 500whp at wheels and seem that it is going to be the case.
Car is a build 2.0, Cosworth Rods, JE Pistorns, Tomei 270, GSC springs and Ti retainers
and Dodson stage 2 clutch pack. Turbo is top mounted with Tial V-Band A/R 0.82.
I feels it can do better at spool but needs some tuning work. You feel the car start building the pressure fast from 3500rpm(maybe not visible at this log) but it is at 4300rpm where you get the kick in the a.. and it keeps pulling until 8000rpm without any hasitation !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Hot parts and lines are build by a local shop not from any known vendor if this is what you mean.
I used to tune the car myself but decided that is too time consuming for me so now a local tuner is
doing the job using EcuFlash with TephraXmod ver1.0. I leave in Athens/Greece so you should
consider it as sea level.
Will soon do a vitrual dyno at a specific flat/"good" spot where I have benchmarked vitrual dyno
against a workshop dynoject and will post the 2.0Bar numbers. Honestly a correctly set up vitrual
dyno is giving a very good results unless you want a accuracy of +-5-10hp. I've done hundreds of
them previous years.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts