Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
If it's a t3 type turbo I would buy the the turbo from scoobyclinic as their rotated turbos out perform the gtx models every time. I have a gt35r and that boosts say 400rpm earlier on the same setup than a gtx model. I even had mine spool 1000rpm earlier than a friend who had a gtx3076 all t3 setup.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I had a look the other day there claiming huge power improvements with better spool.

I can't see them making the power there claiming tbh. The gtx3582 power rating is now 850hp and the gtx3584rs 1000

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RS
21,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi Kins

Is this Gen 2 internally gated ? If so I run a GTX3071R :smthumbup
No the Garrett ones aren't internally gated. I think yours must be a ATP stock frame with most probably a gen i GTX core mate but I'm sure ATP will be doing similar with the gen ii's.

If it's a t3 type turbo I would buy the the turbo from scoobyclinic as their rotated turbos out perform the gtx models every time. I have a gt35r and that boosts say 400rpm earlier on the same setup than a gtx model. I even had mine spool 1000rpm earlier than a friend who had a gtx3076 all t3 setup.
They do T3, T4, and V-band flange for the inlet (outlet all V-band). They also do reverse rotation design as an option. Not too keyed up on the Scooby-Clinic turbos to be honest mate - think they are resellers for Blouch (BPT) aren't they? The Blouch units seem to work well but I'm interested to see how this new tech from Garrett performs in the real world but it might take a while for the results to trickle in.

I had a look the other day there claiming huge power improvements with better spool.

I can't see them making the power there claiming tbh. The gtx3582 power rating is now 850hp and the gtx3584rs 1000
Big claims indeed when you look at the compressor maps. It will be interesting to see if they live up to the promise.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Ask on 22b as there may be a chance people are already using the newer GTx models there, I doubt a different marque makes any difference as it's the turbo info you need and I know a lot who have ran the 1st gen gtx turbo but they never spooled up quick.

You could also ask on Evolution.net as there is a good chance they are using them as it's quite a large American forum.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Ask on 22b as there may be a chance people are already using the newer GTx models there, I doubt a different marque makes any difference as it's the turbo info you need and I know a lot who have ran the 1st gen gtx turbo but they never spooled up quick.
From what I've seen of the blouch turbos on this forum they do seem impressive they seem close to the precisions.

Be interesting to see if Garrett can close up to precision but with the new gen 3 precisions coming out I think it will be a bit of a ask.

Surely there can only be so much a comp wheel can do on the existing turbine wheels

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Not too keyed up on the Scooby-Clinic turbos to be honest mate - think they are resellers for Blouch (BPT) aren't they? The Blouch units seem to work well but I'm interested to see how this new tech from Garrett performs in the real world but it might take a while for the results to trickle in.

The scoobyclinic turbo is a garret turbo and i have never seen a gtx out perform it. This is mine and its the version 2 but i pressume they are well past that. They may get blouche to do in house mods but its definately GARRET ;)

I have also asked Ricky at Racetech if he can make me a custom manifold and downpipe with recirc for the wastegate as you definately dont want a screamer pipe and he reckons its a an easy job for him.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
The scoobyclinic turbo is a garret turbo and i have never seen a gtx out perform it. This is mine and its the version 2 but i pressume they are well past that. They may get blouche to do in house mods but its definately GARRET ;)

I have also asked Ricky at Racetech if he can make me a custom manifold and downpipe with recirc for the wastegate as you definately dont want a screamer pipe and he reckons its a an easy job for him.

Don't blouch use a diffrent turbine wheel? The gains can't be from compressor wheel

·
Premium Member
620 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I can't decide on a turbo I will be running 2.4 stroker t4 twin scroll
Either at Gtx3071 or gtx3076 1.06a/r want it as responsive as possible
But still needs to flow being a 2.4

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I very nearly went with a new Garrett GTX Gen 2 core in an ATP stock location (stock frame) on my X. The numbers were very appealing. But after some discussion with Si, I decided to go for a Precision with the ND turbo kit and external wastegate. I hope for everyone, these GTX Gen 2's are good

1 - 20 of 33 Posts