Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me??after doing a engine re-build on my evo 4.(http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132289&highlight=tapping+noise).I did a compression test everything look good there.if anything better than before.For the first few minutes she sound a little rough with a very slight miss,idiling about 1200rpm.When she came up to running temputure she started hunting from 1200 up to about 1800rpm :confused: anyone got any ideas where to start looking?

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts
check your vacuum pipes are all connected and the one goin to the maf pipe from the boost solenoid.

·
Registered
12,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers todd.Derek told me to give you a shout and see what you thought,just seems a bit odd must be somethin simple.im not too worried about it YET.better make a sacrafice to the evo gods and keep them happy ;)

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Make sure that you've actually reconnected the electrics to the MAF as well. It's an easy one to forget and would result in the same symptoms.

Andy

·
Registered
12,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
found the hunting problem.....stupid me did not connect the block to the idle control valve properly.Now i just have one more slight problem.the car has a slight hesitation on idle.I brought for a litle spin tonight and she seems grand while driving

·
Registered
262 Posts
Check the idle control valve, and check the condition of the throttle body for soot..... ours ran real bad when we bought it.... rough idle... after stripping the throttle body it turns out it was full of claggy sooty stuff....

After cleaning it out the revs went up to 1800.... likely because over time it had been adjusted to raise the tick-over because it was getting sooted up....

May not be your trouble, but worth checking....

Noticed as well the other day that I needed to get the car ticking over at 2000 for an engine clean, well when I opened the tick-over screw it started to hunt.... like 1200 to 1800 and back... after turning screw back it was ok....

·
Registered
12,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no just standard recirc valve.I have a feeling i could be something to do with fuel for some reason....maybe dirty injector or dirt or water in the fuel.sometimes its not that noticable but now and again she feels like she might cut out

·
Registered
12,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
while i was braking the car in i brought her up to 4000rpm slowly at maybe a half bar of boost if even, and everything was ok but when i give her a little bit of welly shes misses big time
i found this thread http://www.lancerregister.com//showthread.php?s=&threadid=99965
When i first went to find out what was wrong with my car i read this and took off the injector rail and noticed that one of these seals was cracked slightly.do yous think this could be the problem im having now?

·
Registered
12,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
forgot to mention that i did a diagnostic check on the car and got an engine error code 41 wich i belive to be injector related

1 - 10 of 10 Posts