Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Recently we have been receiving lots of questions into the performance of our Funk Motorsport products. Moving forward to help demonstrate the high quality of our products we have been creating demo test videos to show potential customers what our products can do!

Here is a link to a test of our Silicon Sleeving under the heat of a blowtorch, around 2200 degrees.

Take a look, we would be interested in hearing your thoughts!

Thanks,

Steve @ Funk

·
Gizzmo Distributor
8,573 Posts
Impressive heat insulation.
I have used something very similar to this in the past and I don't like the way it crumbles at very high heat.
I realise it's extreme heat, but does happen.

Looks good though. What sort of price?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting in contact today,

The example demo that is displayed in the video above represents a heat level in which will far exceed any level which is usually experienced under the bonnet.

From my experience within top flight motorsport, I have used silicon protection to sleeve fuel, oil, and data lines in very close proximity to engine blocks and manifolds of all natures. I have found that these silicon sleeves do not deteriorate anywhere close to the video demo - in which we have intentionally gone beyond the standard tolerance in which these sleeves would typically experience for demo purposes .

These sleeves come in various lengths 0.5m, 1m and 2m, with two diameters available - 25mm and 40mm. Prices start at £35 for this ultimate protection.

We look forward to any further questions in which you may have.
Best regards

Ryan

Funk motorsport.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Yes, that's impressive! Do you have something to isolate an intake manifold that is sitting just above the exhaust manifold (in the case a reverse-flow engine)? I have gold reflective tape in mind, but have you got a product?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes, that's impressive! Do you have something to isolate an intake manifold that is sitting just above the exhaust manifold (in the case a reverse-flow engine)? I have gold reflective tape in mind, but have you got a product?
Hey madmatt,

Thanks for your question.

This is a classic issue with non-xFlow engines!

Really, there are three routes in which you can take with this and we can offer you a product from our range for each option.

1) Gold tape the intake manifold, this will definitely help with radiant heat, though due to the extreme close proximity to the exhaust, it will not help too well against the conventional heat transfer.

2) We also have exhaust manifold header blankets available. Despite having "exhaust" in the name, these may work well on your application. Each blanket is 36"x40" with a silver reflective side as well as special woven glass fabric on the rear. By wrapping your entire manifold with this, hen securing with metal zip ties, this will make for a good solution. These are currently on an introductory special, down from £115 to £90. We can supply more detailed photos should it be of interest.

3) Exhaust wrap, again with exhaust in the title, it seems a little strange to marry this up with the intake, though many high end race teams use this approach around their maf sensor housings to ensure the coolest possible temperatures.

Other options could also include wrapping your exhaust in exhaust wrap, this will naturally reduce the conventional heat transfer into the intake. This option could also be paired with any of the three above to achieve great outcomes!

We hope this helps, please let us know any further questions in which you may have and we will be happy to provide pricing or photos should they be required.

Best regards

Ryan @ Funk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts