Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Should be getting my new AP's this week so i will need to completely change the fluid over.
What i need to know is can i do this job myself or is it a main dealer jobby,ive heard that the abs unit holds fluid inside little cylinders which can not be bled out unless connected to a mutt unit which opens the valves and allows the fluid to escape,is this true?.
Also the AP kit comes with 1 litre of fluid would this be enough?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
First thing you need to do is bin the fluid that comes with it. Check out its boiling points, they're rubbish! I couldn't get hold of Castrol SRF in time but had some Mintex Racing fluid 5.1 and the boiling points were a lot higher dry and wet than what AP provide.
If it is the same set up as a VI, you'll have no problems bleeding it as long as you've got someone helping you with the brake pedal. The whole kit was relatively simple to fit, hardest part was shimming the caliper trying to get it perfect! Don't forget you've got two nipples on both calipers. I'm not sure which one needs bleeding first and I'm sure someone will soon say, but I bled them through and then did them each again to make sure.
Any problems or queries, mail me.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts