Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles (roughly) can you get from a tank of SUL/Optimax in your Lancers? Planning a loooonnngg drive and know you only have little ones! (fuel tanks)

Thanks

Teri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Depending on right-footedness, 180 miles to the light (40 litres). This would give about another 40 miles 'till you run it dry (last 10 litres), but it depends how brave you are... ;)

so around 200 between fill-ups, unless you're driving it like you stole it :D

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't everyone drive it like they stole it?

160 miles just to sure (I dont trust the reserve)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get 200 miles normally without the light

230 if drivin' Miss Daisy :D

Perks of being that little bit lighter I guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drive mine like the cops were 15 miles behind me and dropping away fast, I get 150 miles (ish) before the dreaded light comes on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, but I get around 140 in the E7, far worse than the VI for fuel stops! ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE! Track days 6mpg. Now beat that Scoob nancies! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
recently, been going alot of driving down 2 london and back clocking up loads of milage on my evo, been have been driving a constant speed of 80mph and I can say I can do 206miles before the lights shows.

leon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get about 200 on a run, mixture of cruising at 75-80 and the occassional moment of madness. Am contemplating carring a fuel can in the boot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jerry,
you only get 140 from your E7! I get 160 on fast(ish) driving and 180 on 'normal' speeds.
You must have a very heavy right foot :D
I got 200 once, the last 20 miles was looking for a petrol station with SUL,
Damn scary cuz I've no idea how many more miles the reserve will give.

How much fuel is left when the light comes on anyway?

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tony,

If it's like the 6, the light comes on at 10l left. That should give you around one quarter more miles until it runs dry (depending on driver ;)).

So if it comes on at 160miles, you should have 40odd left before it sputters and dies... depends how brave you are.

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
40 more miles from the light, Thats not bad then.
I use to think 20 'ish. That'll be useful info next time the light comes on. Ta.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My 6 does about 180 before the light BUT I get 50 miles before the needle on the gauge even moves, then over the next 80 or so miles it goes down to around 3/4 and over the next 50 miles it drops to the bottom!

Lovely accurate gauge eh?

Cheers,

Phil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Phil,
It's a well known problem on the Evo's and is due to having a dual tank arrangement. The fuel gauge sender is located in one half of the tank and when driving, the fuel doesn't have chance to even out between both sides of the tank. This is the reason that you can think that you need petrol when driving on the motorway and pull into the services, only to sit and watch the gauge rise back up to 3/4 full...... You do get used to it in the end.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Andy

Think yourselves lucky you have the luxury or a fuel light! Paj Evo hasn't got one (or if it has its busted!)

About 200-250 miles on average usually nearer the 200 :) I'm only little but my right foot aint arf heavy! :)

Teri

1 - 15 of 15 Posts