Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my fuel goes a bit low (not empty light though), my 1800 GSR starts suffering from fuel starvation. What could be wrong?

Flying off at a complete tangent, I looked at the coordsport homepage and thought, 'Yes, a makinen convertible would look interesting'

Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure but could it be possible that the tank itself is dented, and there IS fuel being held (becuase of the dents) around the gauge/sensor, however there is no fuel around the pickup point??

Other than this have you tried replacing your fuel filter - relativly cheap but comonly overlooked.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I replaced it very recently and also the gause protecting the intake of the fuel pump (in the tank). I think it has something to do with the flow of fuel from the other half of the tank. Do you know how the pump manages to suck fuel from both sides without trying to suck in air when one is empty?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 1800 rs, i havent noticed fuel cuts, but when I go aorund a corner quickly the fuel light does come on. This happens when the gauge shows around 1/4 and even when its slightly more.
Forgot what the tank size but based on 50 litres it seems to do it when there around 15 litres in the tank.
Is the pick up in the same place as the sensor for the gauge. Also have you done any mods which will result in the pump needing to work harder.
cheers
al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts