Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Tommi Makinen evolution VI..... The Car was parked for a while before i got it.I was driving it the other day and it was driving as if it was running out of gas, so i took it to the gas station and filled it up.The problem got a little better but whenever boost comes on (even at 5psi) the engine cuts like no fuel is getting to it.... I have changed (Fuel pump,Fuel filter,Cleaned injectors)Troubleshooted the ecu and I still have the problem....Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed!!

Well i got it sorted,,... it was an Ignition problem the Coil packs went bad!! The diagnostics was showing a Fule problem but ended up being electrical( thanks )

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi mate,

can you give me more details on how it felt when the problem was happening?
My Car is having similar issues, i initially thought it was my APS air intake as the filter looks to be sucking itself shut but i've changed that and no luck, tried new plugs - no luck!

Is there any way of checking the coild packs without having diagnostics?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Details...
At Idle the Car Sounded a little rough every so often....
When driving it it was ok until you tried to rev it with boost then it would die......kinda like when you hit the limiter.... I really suspected a fuel problem and the Cars Computer was telling us it was running lean...... Anyway we investigated the Coil Packs by switching them with another Evo and the problem went away...So i bought some new ones..

Let me know what your prob is maybe i can help...

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah m8 you can fault code read the ecu yourself it's really easy aswell, on the 4, 5 or 6 you turn ignition on and on the diagnostic plug underneath the steering column put pin 1 to earth and it flashes the codes at you 10's first then units so 4 flashes then a pause then another 4 flashes would be 44 don’t know if it’s the same on the 7 but can't see why mitsi would change it, I had same problem, also turned out to be the coil packs, I had the same problem again afterwards and it turned out that the pipe that comes from the inlet manifold to the fuel reg had come off :eek: , so you could check that as well good luck.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Sounds very similar to the problems i'm having, very restrivtive feeling when i come on boost, similar to limiter only less harsh, more like its missing. Mine then pulls through this at about 5.9k to the limiter, feeling slightly better.

My initial reaction was plugs, air or fuel - all of which i have investigated to no avail. I'm certain it nust be this now!

I'll try and get a fault code via the method you mentioned Dan, thanks for the tip mate.

Fingers crosses its either the pipe from inlet or coil packs, thanks once again for the help lads - Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts