Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered what kind of a job to change the fuel pump on my VII ?
A search diddnt bring up much. Cheers

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You didnt search well enough ;) In a 7 > 9 no, the tank stays in as its all accessable from under the rear seats.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Depends if you want to cut and then reclamp the fuel line to the pump or do it right and drop the tank and do it that way.

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
Depends if you want to cut and then reclamp the fuel line to the pump or do it right and drop the tank and do it that way.
Doesn't need to be done like that on the 7's Jim ;) Thats only for the 4-6, the 7-9 can be removed and refitted easily from the top :)

Have a look at this LINK it talks you through it step by step with pictures :smthumbup

Scott

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Changing the fuel pump was the easiest job I've done on my VII. It really is very simple with the most difficult part getting the pump housing ring out of the access hole.

Paul

·
Regional Organiser
3,254 Posts
......the most difficult part getting the pump housing ring out of the access hole.

Paul
I'll second that! Fiddly thing is that part, yet when putting it back in was easy:handsup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, just what i wanted to know.
I did search, just must have been haveing a blond moment...

·
Hi
7,882 Posts
just a question to add to that, if theres a walbro in the tank already, and you wanna fit a 044 aswell, just fit the 044 inline with the in tank walbro?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts