Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to put an Evo 6 fuel pump on a 1800 RS, dont know if this will work yet though. However will just increaing the fuel pressure have any effect in peformance or will I have to make changes with the ECU to convert the extra pressure in to extra fuel to the engine. Will the Ecu automatically use the new pressure.
I also have heard stories about cossies being chipped to increase fuel pressure without changing fuel pipes which resulted in the pipes bursting, resulting in toasted cossies.
Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Al,
Don't know if you'll gain much or anything at all if you don't have uprated injectors and ECU to make use of the extra pressure. Fuel lines should be ok as the GSR has the same pressure rated pipes as the Evo's I,II and III.

Regards,
Paul.C

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Al,
Fuel flow is the issue , not pressure.
Fuel pressure wud be a specicfic level for the car , set by a regulator , which is fixed as standard.
The 6 pump may provide more flow at a given pressure , but u wud need 2 reprogram the ECU to turn up the boost and then the injectors wud need 2 b capable of flowing the extra fuel.
A variable fuel pressure regulator may b needed to adjust for the correct operating pressure at the new boost settings.
It's always harder than u think

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That what i tell all the girls.
But anyway, still going to get it never know when it may come in useful.
Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no mater what pump you put in the fuel pressure won't increase. That is controlled by the regulator on the engine. A bigger pump will just cause more fuel to be pumped to the engine and back again. What are you trying to achieve anyway? Is the car running lean?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts