Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
useless to us brits,as we brake very hard you see,and we need the ralliart master cylinder brace.
so we could not fit it there
thanks for trying
goodbye

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Claudius
So what has this new device done for you - A noticable increase in performance??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need this to increase the fuel pressure. Doesnt do much by itself. But then you set the S-AFC and AVC-R and get lots of boost and fuel and no fuel cut.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fuel pressure was measured at 4,6 bars idle and 6,2 at max boost. You should be able to run as much boost as the turbo can deliver without running out of fuel with that pressure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Original Post:
useless to us brits,as we brake very hard you see,and we need the ralliart master cylinder brace.
so we could not fit it there
thanks for trying
goodbye
On the continent, we dont use the brakes that much, it slows you down! :D

More seriously, have you changed master cylinders on your car? I'm thinking about that...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Claudius

I thought you didn't brake because every time you do you warp another set of disks :D :D

On the subject of changing the master cylinder, it is something I have been looking at and I am trying to find a suitable replacement. Ralliart are speaking to AP about this but if you have any ideas, let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting, why would you want to change the master cylinder? It usually means changing the pedal box too. Unless of course you want to remove it for ultimate brake feel!

The ralliart master cylinder bracket makes quite a difference to feel IMHO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the FSE device is a worthwhile buy then? I've always been intrigued by these kind of things, though it makes you wonder why manufacturers don't a) fit this kind of device or b) simply use higher fuel rail pressures in their high-performance cars. Fuel economy? Emissions?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
chunky, if you don't need higher fuel pressure to meet the stated power then why do it? Bigger pumps/rising rate regulator cost money and push up price of car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The FSE rising rate doesn't count for much when you have well programmed sequential injection. (Do you notice hesitation on throttle depression in an evo??? other than turbo lag)

The nice part is the adjustability.
No need for manufacturer to provide this - bolt the bits in the factory and they all work together. Standard fuel pressure is as recommended by the injector manufacturers. No need to adjust unless you want to push the injectors a little more than intended.

If you go too high with base pressure the injectors can leak or fail to operate properly. Also the fuel pump will be struggling to deliver. A few psi increase is fine though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think that I amy a similiar problem with what you are all talking about - Fuel Cut?

Once my car reaches 3,000 revs or more then the fuel is cutting out and the car finally comes to a halt if I don't lower my revs.

My master cylinder has been changed, is this a similar problem? but I must mention that the 'fuel cut' was not there before the master cylinder was changed. Please help or if you know what this problem is...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lady

u r talking about sthg totally different!

MAster cylinder is for the brake system, fuel cut happens when you run too much boost with OEM ECU or if you wastegate actuator is rusted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts