Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

May sound stupid but my fuel pipes/lines running from the tank to the engine have corroded and are leaking :( near the tank.

How easy are they to cut and replace?
Is it possible to use fuel hose and jubilee clip to a good part of the pipe?
I tried leak fix but it didn't hold.

Do I need to drain the fuel and then wait for the remaining to evaporate out before cutting?

·
acting daft since 1969
19,585 Posts
you can uses rubber fuel pipe ,but makes SURE its petrol pipe ,other stuff just melts ,btu YES you can just jubilee clip them on ,id double them up 2 side by side to be safe tho

cut the pipe with junior hacksaw you will get some spillage but not much

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can uses rubber fuel pipe ,but makes SURE its petrol pipe ,other stuff just melts ,btu YES you can just jubilee clip them on ,id double them up 2 side by side to be safe tho

cut the pipe with junior hacksaw you will get some spillage but not much
Its definitely peteol pipe that I have :) .....

Awesome will get some extra jubilee clips then and hacksaw it off.....

You mentioned spillage??? Dont not need to drain off first? What about sparks etc. From the saw wont it ignite?

·
acting daft since 1969
19,585 Posts
if you get a spark from a junior hack saw your GOOD ,but NO youll be OK ,,thing with the fuel in the pipe you cant really drain it off ,your cutting the bottom of the pipe ,youll get a bit a bit more than a rag full ,but nowt major

OH yeah make sure you get some 8mm pipe for the supply line and some 6mm for the return you may get 8 mm around the return but may not get it knipped up well enough

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never really messed with fuel etc. Before or much else under the bonnet but learning as I go along :D thank you very much.
Am I right to presume that unless the fuel pumpnis activated then I won't need to drain the tank just cut and get a face full from the pipe then attach my fuel pipes.
They will refill then after starting up the pump.

·
acting daft since 1969
19,585 Posts
yeah leave the the ignition well alone ,,you shouldn't get a face full to be fair just go slowly witht he hack saw and try and point it away from where you fiz ogg is

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
What superrover said plus - as its warm you will probably be wearing a T-shirt. Petrol may run up your arm. Be aware it stings like a git when it reaches your arm pit:eek:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha fantastic I'll be sure to cover my shaven pits then lol thank you very much people :) made what I thought would be a hard job pretty easy :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts