Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one else have problems filling up there evos (preferbly a 6 )with fuel
When im filling up it takes me ages i have tryed moving the nossle around and even tryed different stations but unless you have the trigger dispensing the minimum it can ,it just cuts out
also when i remove the filler cap u can hear the air escaping does the tank have a breather in it at all? if so where is it located as i think mine needs attention.

it also took me around ten mins to put around about £3 of sul tonight as i just caught the small plastic filling neck restricter and knoked it down the pipe then had to go back to the mitsi garage (as car had been in for a service so left no fuel in it )and ask for a coat hanger to fish the restricter out so i could get some more petrol to make it the 40 miles back home :0
ps do u lot keep the resrtictors in the filling neck or not as i am going to leave mine out to save future problems...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without the restrictor you can still have problems sometimes, but it is a lot better without.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Certain cars for some reason have this problem.On my old E30 M3 it said in the handbook that if the tank is run to a very low level then it will be impossible to fill to the top.I have never had any problems with my E6.The tank is so small it only takes a few quid to fill.
All cars let air out when you undo the cap espcially if the tank is low on fuel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it doesnt want you to go in too deep http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
Would you? [img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you put the nozzle in at an angle, so that the handle points to 7 or 8 o'clock, the petrol seems to go in fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i found my restrictor thingy had fallen down to low, blocking the flow of fuel too much... it was refitted at what I assume to be the correct level and I could then fill up flat-out (so to speak) - then the restrictor fell down AGAIN (is it my rough petrol-filler-upper or just a crap fitting????) - so it was refitted - this time alsmost so high you couldn't screw the filler cap on properly, and again I can fill up to my hearts content! Weird stuff...... maybe they have slower flowing fuel pumps in Japan...although i'd live with that for 100 octane fuel!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.