Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant get fuel to go into my evo 6 tank from a petrol pump, no matter how slow i try and put it in it just backs up the filler neck. if i fill it from a jerry can it goes in fine but takes a while, i have blown an airline down the breather in the filler neck and its not blocked, anyone out there any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
I cant get fuel to go into my evo 6 tank from a petrol pump, no matter how slow i try and put it in it just backs up the filler neck. if i fill it from a jerry can it goes in fine but takes a while, i have blown an airline down the breather in the filler neck and its not blocked, anyone out there any ideas?

Thanks
Have you tried different petrol stations?
I've occasionally had a bit of trouble filling up at some stations, always managed in the end but it's been a bit hard to start with.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've had this exact issue as well, just started using a different pump and it seemed to solve the issue. Could have just been a coincidence I guess but not noticed it since.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've been to all the local petrol stations, no difference really. is the flap part of the filler neck? if so the best solution is probably to fit a new one because mine is not the best

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Yes it's all built into the filler pipe so fit a new one and you will be sorted :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had the same problem with mine evo 6 .but when I replaced the fuel filler neck I found a little peice of round white cardboard at the the bottom. It took me a few seconds to realise ware it came from it was the seal in the cap of a redex petrol treatment bottle .

·
Registered
109 Posts
The filler pipes rot through, common fault I heard. Mine was rotten, but there is an external vent pipe on the metal filler tube to let air out, mine was pretty much missing. If you can get the filler neck off in one piece and its not rotted through, you may find the blockage or problem, but I suspect you will need to fit a new pipe. There was a nearly new one for sale on the classifieds possibly on here, or Dave at Ears does them new.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Is it an import? When I first had mine I couldn't fill it up for toffee. After a bit of investigating I found that the pump nozzle restricted that had been fitted in the top of the neck had fallen right down to the bottom. Problem solved for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts