Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, I was wondering if you could help me. I recently had my VI in a Mitso garage for a service. They said it was probably the best condition EVO VI they've seen in there... except... the fuel filler neck was badly corroded because they found some mud wedged somewhere round it(?). Anyway, they greased it all up and said they'd quote me for a replacement.

Today, they left a voicemail for me saying the whole job would cost £320. Does that sound reasonable?? Is there much work involved? If the majority of that is labour (which I suspect it is), then I'm guessing it'd be worth getting it fitted elsewhere (but with the OEM part of course)?

·
Registered
4 wheels normally dirty
26,577 Posts
I got a neck for £20 off of ebay if i remember correctly when we was looking at the coroded one it was 2 screws and a couple of jubilee clips i think dave @ ears has them

kieran

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Just be careful that debris doesn't fall in to the tank, block your fuel filter and make your engine run lean :eek:

Happened to quite a few cars when the filler necks were undone during the suspension arm recall recently...

Rog :coolsm:

·
Registered
955 Posts
You should be able to pick a used one up for £50, or I think they retail @ 120new.

If you Intend to keep the car for any length of time, I would suggest that you consider powder coating the pipe if possable ;)
To prevent it rusting again.

As rog says, make sure that no crap gets into the tank when the pipe is getting installed. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.