Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I'm kind of new here. I live in the States so not many peopl ehere know about tuning evos. I recently bought one and it has an intake, 3 downpipe, factory exhaust, and boost controller (HKS EVC). ever since I fitted my HKS SSQ BOV on, I've had slight idling problems which sounds like it's normal. I've been experiencing increased boost. in third gear aroun 6000 RPM, I heard a huge noise and felt a big Jerking. I was only at 1 bar of boost, but my gauge said 20!!! I think the BOV threw my EVC off. was this Fuel Cut? the symptoms seem like it is. I heard detonation feels kind of the same. how can I tell the difference? What exactly is the difference? I recalibrated the EVC so I'm running only 15 pounds ofboost. better to keep it safe till I uprate the fuel pump and injectors. to solve my BOV prob, I ordered the HKS VPC. any experience with these? I know a ton of questions. thanks for the space!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
do a search for SSQV for info on the dump valve....

just adjust the screw at the back to sort the idling out, never had any problems with the boost though.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to confirm if you car running too rich or too lean at this moment, at the time of chunking. I did the similiar modifications and have similar strange things happen like you. After installing an air fuel monitor, I found the car is running too rich and so I install a SAFC to lean up the mixture. The problem is solved.

Another case is maybe your car is running too lean. I tried to boost up the car until fuel cut on my Evo4 to find out the upper boost level limit. I boost to 1.3 bar and meet fuel cut. By reading the O2 voltage monitor, it show that there's no enough fuel delivery and running too lead. I had not installed the FCD, fuel cut defenser yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to confirm if you car running too rich or too lean at this moment, at the time of chunking. I did the similiar modifications and have similar strange things happen like you. After installing an air fuel monitor, I found the car is running too rich and so I install a SAFC to lean up the mixture. The problem is solved.

Another case is maybe your car is running too lean. I tried to boost up the car until fuel cut on my Evo4 to find out the upper boost level limit. I boost to 1.3 bar and meet fuel cut. By reading the O2 voltage monitor, it show that there's no enough fuel delivery and running too lead. I had not installed the FCD, fuel cut defenser yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts