Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think one of my Front Wheel bearings is on the way out. I can hear a whining/ droning noise coming from the front of the car when driving. Although im not sure which side its coming from. What's the best way to check this out? Also i've been doing a search and see most people replace the whole lot as in Bearing, Hub Etc? Anyone on here sell them?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
You have to replace the whole hub, which includes the bearing. It's held on with 4 studs.

Jack up the front of the car and shake the wheel from side to side and top to bottom to check for bearing play. There should be none. If you get no joy there you just have to try and pin down which side by hard corning etc. to see if the drone gets louder.

Try Camskill or [email protected] for a new hub.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to replace the whole hub, which includes the bearing. It's held on with 4 studs.

Jack up the front of the car and shake the wheel from side to side and top to bottom to check for bearing play. There should be none. If you get no joy there you just have to try and pin down which side by hard corning etc. to see if the drone gets louder.

Try Camskill or [email protected] for a new hub.
Thanks Mate :smthumbup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts