Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this morning that going over some speed humps I was getting a noise from my front suspension..(I just had teh eibach lowering springs fitted).

The noise is like a clucking ... okay so it doesn't actually sound like a duck :) but the sound of that word descibes what I hear.. its a slightly hollow sound. Could it be the tyre hitting the bottom of the mount that holds the spring in place ?

cheers

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Depending on who/how they were fitted it could be the spring winding itself up, or about 100 other things that can happen when a spring isn't fitted properly. On an Evo the spring should be attached to the topmount with locking wire to prevent all the grief that can happen with it. Another option would be a helper spring, probably not worth the effort on a standard suspension though. I'm telling you, you shoulda gone for a real suspension, boay!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, I forgot, was the suspension set-up properly after the springs were fitted? Cause lowering the car changes everything from camber to toe...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would hope you got the alignment done and caber toe in out checked / adjusted.

The noise could come from the top mount not being screwed tight enough, happened to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all,

I am v new to all things Evo as I am still on my honeymoon with my new Evo 6. It is totally standard and last week for 2 days I had a very similar sounding noise coming from the front nearside suspension. It has gone now though!! N E idea's?

Craze

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jackel,

Is it just the nearside that has the problem? Seems to be more common on that side - and I was wondering why that might be.

Darryl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts