Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've pretty much ruined the front splitter on the front of my Evo 8 as my house is down a gravel track with holes I haven't got round to filling in, the fact it is lowered and my local Shell is slightly above street level so scrapes it going in and out. There is a hole nearly a foot wide on the bottom of it, and I've managed to dislodge one part of the plastic undertray protecting the engine bay.

My question really is if this front splitter makes any difference to the aero dynamics at high speeds, ie if I'm doing 170 (on private road before anyone bitches) will the car be noticeably less stable. Obviously it looks better with it on but I can't be bothered to replace it every 7 months which is what will be happening at the current rate!

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,881 Posts
I doubt it has any affect at all. They don't all come with them from the factory. You're issue is probably going to be what to replace it with when you take it off. You'll maybe need the standard trim that fits in its place.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Cant belive your damaging your car every time go down ya drive and not doin nowt about it. wierd.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not directly comparible perhaps but this shows the air pressure effects of a splitter on an exige at 110mph. Definately a "sucking" going on there for extra downforce!!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cant belive your damaging your car every time go down ya drive and not doin nowt about it. wierd.
I like to rag the crap out of my cars and damaging them is not an issue if they can be fixed! Polishing and fussing over stone chips does not appeal to me!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I doubt it has any affect at all. They don't all come with them from the factory. You're issue is probably going to be what to replace it with when you take it off. You'll maybe need the standard trim that fits in its place.
Ok thanks, is there an extra bit that goes on the bottom of the bumper instead of the splitter then?

P.S. I'm going to set the grammar lady on "you're" ass lol

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,881 Posts
Ok thanks, is there an extra bit that goes on the bottom of the bumper instead of the splitter then?
Yes, there is a little bit of trim that attaches where the splitter was that gives a curved edge. Just taking the splitter off will look nasty.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
As aidy said there is a standard lip that goes in the place of carbon splitter.

I have one spare here but unfortunately its black, so no good to you.

Some scrote stole my previous carbon splitter outside my work and left me with a nasty bottom bumper with holes al round it :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts