Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi chaps just after a bit of advice really, I was under my car doing an oil change and noticed the front lower engine mount rubber was cracked/split. just wondered what its best to replace it with. do I go standard or buy something a bit better like a poly bushed one ? are they easy enough to change my self at home ? its an evo6 mak. does not do much mileage and no track days. thanks in advance :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input i think your right plus thats whats on there already so a new o.e part bound to be better than the worn one at the min.cheers.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes i saw those and a good price aswell and a lifetime warranty.ive got abit of time so i will mull it over during the next month or 2.thanks again.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I've just fitted a Powerflex Bush (Yellow = Road Spec) to the Front and Rear lower engine mounts on my V and it's made a huge difference to the drive.

My OE mounts were in perfect working order, but are really soft.

I wouldn't say there's any extra noise, and maybe a tiny bit more vibration if you really concentrate on looking for it, but nothing to cry about.
i have ordered a pair from ross today ralliart front and polly rear, how would you describe the difference to the drive?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts