Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a headunit fitted, and I used the windscreen demister for the first since then today.

I seem to remember in the past, when the left dial was turned fully to the right demist position that this switched on the air-con compressor and cranked the fan to max. Today it just switched the compressor on.

Is my memory playing tricks on me or has something been disturbed during the headunit installation?

A quick reply would be appreciated so I can book in at the Doctor/Dealer/ICE Installer (delete as appropriate) for treatment/repairs.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Doesn't crank the fan to max as far as I can remember. Might depend on the internal temperature.
I presume it cleared the mist?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
When you switch the left hand knob to the right, the middle knob lights up (air con on) if it isn't in the off position.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
the fan switch needs to be switched to on or auto for the aircon to come on

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doctor's Appointment

Well, it looks like early onset alzheimers or something.

Thanks to everyone for helping me diagnose my non-existent problem. I had a few teething problems with the ICE install and paranoia quickly sets in.

I think it was probably due to some residual memory from my old BMW (please dont judge, it seems I was the exception to the rule a courteous BMW driver and not a ****)

Time to book in at the Doctors, or go for a run in the Evo, difficult choice.

Thanks again

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts