Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the front bumper on an E6 before. Had a look at taking it off last night and it looks like it’s going to be a right B******D. The reason I was going to take it off was to get it re-sprayed because some F**K – Whit has part sprayed just around that fluted air intake thing near the drivers front wheel without taking the air intake thing off and it’s left a paint ridge on the bumper which is now flaking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Skin
The front bumper is quite easy to remove, i removed it myself to fit the front driving lights.To remove:- unfasten all the black plastic clips that attatch the bottom of the bumper to the other plastic attatchments under the front of the car. Remove the screws at the back edge of the bumper in the wheel arches . Underneath the car you will have to follow the chassis rail and you will see either 2 [maybe 4 ] bolts holding the bumper onto the chassis, remove these. Unclip the fog/driving lights [ if fitted ]. The last bit is to remove the front indicators to reveal i think it`s three plastic cup clips [ two on one side , one onthe other ] remove these. The bumper should slide straight off now. This sounds complicated, but as with anything is much easier when your actually doing it. Just study it and it`s easy. Hope this helps. Regards SIMON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops sorry Skin
Forgot to mention the bolts and clips on top of the front bumper assembly, in the middle near the bonnet catch area. Remove these as well. good luck. SIMON

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Simon. It was the clips under the front indicators that was causing the problem. Now I can remove it and get it sprayed properly and probably fit some driving lamps as well.
Much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.