Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, how to remove the radiator: Lots of posts so I can attach pics!

i. 12mm bolts attach the bumper to the chassis underneath the car. There are 2 on each side. You will need a long socket extension to reach these.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
v. The indicators are attached by one screw, then they slide forward to come out. There is then one lug underneath that needs to come out

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hell thanks Homer for putting that together, I think I'll wait to the coming w/e and do it. I'm going to make up a mask for the star today to get the size right. You and the pooch take it easy..James

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vi. There are 3 bolts that attach the top of the bumper, next to the radiator. These are 10mm.

To sum up, you should remove 4 x 12mm bolts(underneath car), 3 x 10mm bolts(top of bumper), 2 screws(indicators), 2 screw/bolts(wheel arches) and 14 plastic lugs. Hopefully, the bumper will come off (lift it up slightly as you pull it forward). Don't forget to disconnect the fog lamp cables (simple snap connectors) and the intercooler spray hose (there is a plastic N/R valve), which is behind the oil cooler. It only takes 10-15 minutes and is surprisingly easy ;)

To paint the Mitsubishi diamonds, draw a 20cm equilateral triangle, mark off the sides in thirds and you should be able to see how to get the 3 diamonds by drawing lines through the centre. Cut it out and fix it to the intercooler with masking tape (align the bottom of the logo about an inch from the bottom of the i/c). Get some red spray paint and apply using several light coats.

I know this sounds a right palaver, but it's quite simple. I actually took the bumper off to replace the intercooler hoses, but took the opportunity to paint the i/c and have a clean up while I was at it :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Followed these steps and removed the TME bumper! Took only 20 mins. Thanks for the instructions. I just hope fitting back would be just as simple. :)

One question - plastic lugs, can you buy these on ebay etc or have to get from Mitsu?

Cheers
D.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Followed these steps and removed the TME bumper! Took only 20 mins. Thanks for the instructions. I just hope fitting back would be just as simple. :)

One question - plastic lugs, can you buy these on ebay etc or have to get from Mitsu?

Cheers
D.
I got some from eBay and found them to fit perfectly

1 - 12 of 12 Posts