Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,846 Posts
:crackup:
rectangle in shape, couple of holes punched in them to hold them in place ,normally black ,why ????
I think he was asking about stopping power, etc. My rear's were brembo pads they were fine. Front's were Brembos but worn so changed for EBC redstuff. Now all 8 changed for Performance Friction PF11.Z-rated.

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,846 Posts
Ebc redstuff? Uh oh
Mate they were absolutely fine on the road at standard power. Used to squeal a bit. (Yes I've seen that thread that got, shall we say OFF TOPIC :lol:)

I changed my complete brake set up recently as you know. For cosmetic and upgrade reasons.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
What are Brembo brake pads like
What use? Road only, road with the occasional blast on twisty roads, road plus occasional track, complete track junkie use..........?

PFC

·
Registered
130 Posts
What are Brembo brake pads like
It depends on the intended use.

I had Brembo pads (all round) in my 6 when it arrived from Japan, they were fine on the road, no squeal, stopped ok etc but failed miserably on a track day.

There was still plenty of meat on the pads when I changed them out afterwards and I don't know if there are different types of Brembo pads. I have kept them so I could check next time I'm down the garage.

·
acting daft since 1969
19,577 Posts
may be my first reply was a little short LOL

but my mate used OE brembo pads in his 8MR and he loves them theres no track time involved in his car but he fairly kicks it head in when he does drive it ,,if they didnt work id have had a call on whats best to replace them with

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
My VI TME has the standard Brembo calipers and it had Brembo pads in front and rear when I bought it. They seemed just fine on the road stopping power wise and were quiet. I would not have risked them on track though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts