Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i curently own an fto which iv owned for just over a year, imported in in standard form and over the year have modified exterior and engine components. having spend over double what the car was bought for just as an instict (childhood dream) i have now come to the conclusion that im not happy with it becuse there are too many people with fto's around my area and its not fast enough for me.

I'm not even going to attempt to sell it but instead keep it as my daily driver like it is just now but im thinking of buying an evo 8 260 after test driving it twice all i can say is wow!!! i want it, weather or not it is a good idea with regards to resale value i dont know??? as the 9 is out soon, if i wait till later on this year could i get a cracking deal on privatly sold 260's, seen a few just now for 17k, would be fine with that but 15k would be even better, is that likely? if so when?

my other option is to sell the fto and spend that cash on slight bodywork and mainly engine modifcations although i need your help and advice what do i do? take the plunge and hope that the value of the car doesnt sink to much? i would imagine that one bought for say 16.5k a year old one would have lost pretty much the bulk of its value and after owning it a year or two myself keeping the car in standard form i could sell it for easily 15k or there abouts hence not losing much?

sorry for the huge essay but i really need advice from owners who were once in the same position as me, has any1 who has bought one regretted it on here at all? in financial terms and practical terms?

thanks for reading

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ive seen evo8 fq300.s at only £17500 .. I think there is a 260 on the auto trader website for 16K or so .... If u took £15k cash the car would be ures,, i gaurantee it ...

To be honest i think with £15k you would have the choice of many 260.s.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Big Elliott said:
Ive seen evo8 fq300.s at only £17500 .. I think there is a 260 on the auto trader website for 16K or so .... If u took £15k cash the car would be ures,, i gaurantee it ...

To be honest i think with £15k you would have the choice of many 260.s.
I can't see 260's falling in the interim for much longer, they will probably stabilise at around 16k with some over and some slightly below so 15k is a pretty good budget/target. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well in that case if i can get a decent one for 15.5k -16k in a month or 2 i wont lose more than a grand or two on it in a around 18 months will i?

if this is the case i will buy it end of next month start of june and if i love it more than my fto will put the fto up 4 sale and use the cash on a 400bhp conversion along with with some subtle but nice body mods.

what are peoples views on body kits for the 8's? do people tend to do it coz im so tempted as it would look the balls but then when it comes to selling after a year or two id lose so much money?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
As far as bodykits go I wouldnt put one on an evo , leave them for cars that look rubbish from the factory such as boring Golfs and basic Ford Focuses (Focii??) and humdrum stuff like Saxos and Corsas , of course that is just my view , and it would be a boring world if we all liked the same stuff! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh thats a very good point, i was thinking more subtle things with function, CF bonnets, boot lids etc

if i had the cash to mod an 8 anyway it would go on the engine no doubt as im sure every one would do.

on the hunt for one now so hopefully if all goes well will have 1 next month or 2

cant wait there amazing machines and iv just ended it with my Fiancee today aswell as she was doing my head in, hopefully my new evo will say yes aswell LOL yup u guessed it im goin crazy......i hate women (sorry if ur a woman reading it and ur not evil - very unlikely tho) :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Pawn the engagement ring and get your arse down to WRC for the 260 -> 330/360bhp conversion - oh yes. :coolsm:

IMA said:
yeh thats a very good point, i was thinking more subtle things with function, CF bonnets, boot lids etc

if i had the cash to mod an 8 anyway it would go on the engine no doubt as im sure every one would do.

on the hunt for one now so hopefully if all goes well will have 1 next month or 2

cant wait there amazing machines and iv just ended it with my Fiancee today aswell as she was doing my head in, hopefully my new evo will say yes aswell LOL yup u guessed it im goin crazy......i hate women (sorry if ur a woman reading it and ur not evil - very unlikely tho) :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aye i will mate for sure, it will be her feckin head i sell in peices tho....oopps didnt mean that lol

but yeh deff will get that conversion done within the 1st 6 months of ownership, or if i like it a lot then id sell my other baby (fto) and have hopefully around 8-10k to spend on the evo :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts