Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
I'm going to go with 40ish, maybe even more, the way some people are pricing cars now.
Its a shame it will probably never get used in anger, again.
It would be rare if somebody bought, then sent it straight away to get the whole car modified, with everything done!

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
I'm going to go with 40ish, maybe even more, the way some people are pricing cars now.
Its a shame it will probably never get used in anger, again.
It would be rare if somebody bought, then sent it straight away to get the whole car modified, with everything done!
One Side of me loves the originality and how these cars are getting preserved the other side of me thinks god get them modified it’s what the rs was made for to be used as stated in anger.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
One Side of me loves the originality and how these cars are getting preserved the other side of me thinks god get them modified it’s what the rs was made for to be used as stated in anger.
If i had known back when i bought my car, the huge amount of work it needed to rectify all the problems ,i would have done exactly what i suggested.
i would have got one imported with low miles, in untouched condition ,and sent it straight to Mark’s to get everything modified and uprated, and saved myself a lot of money and time!
i would still like to do that with a 7,8 or 9 RS, but i cant justify the outlay unless i stay in saudi for an extra year , over and above my target, to pay for it all!

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Even if it goes for 50+.... what would you rather have an average red mak or a mint freshly restored 6rs?
I suppose it depends on what your intentions are.If its for making the most money you could buy the average Tommi and spend a few quid on it, then just sit on it until the American market opens up, then probably make more than the 6RS, in time.
If its for driving then i would go with the 6, personally, knowing its going to last you a very long time, with not so much to lose as the Tommi, as you put miles on it.
Saying that, maybe RS’s will shoot up more.....who knows?!

·
acting daft since 1969
19,584 Posts
Even if it goes for 50+.... what would you rather have an average red mak or a mint freshly restored 6rs?
for me id still got for a red mak ,or BLACK ,i LOVE black on an evo ,while a 6RS is a kool car lets not forget they where the base model ,with no niceness about it ,YES youd have a suoerb car which this is ,but as a day to day drive to shows id have a mak all day long

·
Premium Member
10,736 Posts
for me id still got for a red mak ,or BLACK ,i LOVE black on an evo ,while a 6RS is a kool car lets not forget they where the base model ,with no niceness about it ,YES youd have a suoerb car which this is ,but as a day to day drive to shows id have a mak all day long
An RS was made to be modded, having a bone stock one is a bit strange IMO . But they’re rare in this form so I guess that gets the £££ which is the only thing people seem interested in these days

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Collectors tend to only want unmodified cars.

I would like to argue that modding was such an integral part of the era and ownership that mods are not bringing the price down.

The problem is then of course that a modded car rarely fits your bill. Hence they all look different..

Curious to see how this pans out!

And yes, I own a modded 6 RS with similar mileage..

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Any idea what John Kirkham (NigelS old car) sold there 6rs for? it seemed to be for sale for ages.

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RS
21,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any idea what John Kirkham (NigelS old car) sold there 6rs for? it seemed to be for sale for ages.
This one...

I remember it being listed for about 40K but that was some years ago. Didn't a collector from Kenya buy it?

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
This one...

I remember it being listed for about 40K but that was some years ago. Didn't a collector from Kenya buy it?
That's the one. No idea where it ended up I remember it been up at £40,000 too.

Simple maths...

2011 - £25,000
2016 - £40,000

2021 - £55,000
2024 - £100,000+ (as imports to the USA open up :ROFLMAO:)

·
Premium Member
10,736 Posts
That's the one. No idea where it ended up I remember it been up at £40,000 too.

Simple maths...

2011 - £25,000
2016 - £40,000

2021 - £55,000
2024 - £100,000+ (as imports to the USA open up :ROFLMAO:)
Should get the money I’ve put in to mine back then by 2040 👍

1 - 20 of 23 Posts