Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you know temps have been very low lately. Over the Holidays my car has seemed to get alot harsher over bumps and road noise has risen to a degree where I thought something like bushes or a shock was on it's way out:(. But after giving the car a good check over nothing was wrong and tyre pressures where ok, so while on the phone to a mate today who prepares rally cars I mentioned this to him and straight away he says That'll be freezing weather hardening all the rubber on the car from tyres to bushes, resulting in increased road noise being transmitted through the bushes also making them less effective at absorbing shocks from bumps. Well it makes sense to me and puts my mind at ease until something else crops up;).
Could be what's causing that droning noise someone was asking about??.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good for power though - charge temps low |EQU| BHP!

Keep the freeze going and save engine tuning money! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rubber components on cars will become less flexible as temperature reduces , but they r specified for use at at -40 deg c or less , this includes tyres. The bushes etc used on luxury cars will b more tolerant of reduced temps due 2 more demanding ride quality requirements , Evo's r already hard as nails so less noticable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GSRed,

you're right about the harshness at low temperatures. With my Yoko AVS i can feel the flats on the front tyres where the car has stood overnight for the first hundred meters or so before the tyres get any heat in them. S01 will be even worse as they are hard as f**k.

But as evoboy says it nothing to worry about, just one of the joys of Evodom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts