Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had an Evo 1X FQ360 in for a mild upgrade. It arrived with 245 miles on it, so with the owner consent we ran it around over the weekend until it had 600 miles on it.

We then put on an HKS induction, our own 3" downpipe, HKS EVC5 boost controller, walbro pump and Ecutek'd it.

Results = 298 BHP ATW and 1900lb of tractive effort with the 200 cpsi cat in place !

Contacted client who said "dump the cat" I want over 300 ATW so we duly put on a de-cat and re-tweaked again.

Results = 309.4 BHP ATW and 2000lb of tractive effort !

A few customers who have passed through here lately could'nt believe we had already modified an FQ360.

All in all not a bad car to drive, poor brakes aside

Allan
WRC Tech

· Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Mosh
It had 267.9 BHP ATW and 1800lbs of tractive effort. At 1.68 Bar standard boost ! We achieved our result after having dropped the boost at peak torque.

Cheers

Allan

· Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Mosh
Each car varies and is fuel dependant but I would guess a std Evo IX FQ320 as it left the factory would be c240 to 246 BHP ATW and around 1520lbs of tractive effort

Cheers

Allan

· Registered
597 Posts
We then put on an HKS induction, our own 3" downpipe, HKS EVC5 boost controller, walbro pump and Ecutek'd it.

Allan
WRC Tech [/B]
Does the 360 run 1.7bar with a standard pump?

Would you be willing to post your graph overlaid over the standard car?

Thanks
D.

· Registered
1,029 Posts
Why did the guy who bought it buy a 360 if he was going to do this ???? :confused:

He could have saved cash by starting with a lesser model - his warranty is worthless now

More money than sense some folk ! :confused:

Nice results though :D

· Registered
3,155 Posts
the FQ340 is 257 BHP ATW...

Not much in the FQ360 really :eek:

Did you change the Mivec Map? ;)

uktrucks said:
Mosh
Each car varies and is fuel dependant but I would guess a std Evo IX FQ320 as it left the factory would be c240 to 246 BHP ATW and around 1520lbs of tractive effort

Cheers

Allan

· Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why do people do what they do ? Anybodys guess. However as a business I am glad people buy cars and need them modified 'cause it's how we earn a living.

As for 340 vs 360 correct in that there is not a lot in BHP but torque is higher on the 360 standard and it has an uprated pump in it from new.

Cheers

Allan

· Registered
866 Posts
uktrucks said:
Why do people do what they do ? Anybodys guess. However as a business I am glad people buy cars and need them modified 'cause it's how we earn a living.

As for 340 vs 360 correct in that there is not a lot in BHP but torque is higher on the 360 standard and it has an uprated pump in it from new.

Cheers

Allan
So if it has an uprated pump anyway, why did you change it ?

· Registered
5,530 Posts
Hard to notice that it was a 360, i swan'd past it thinking it was a GSR thanks to the owners choice of rims....all said and done, although the 360's original rims ain't that tasteful they sure do help you recognise it....

Well done WRC :coolsm:

· Registered
20,086 Posts
point

What is the point in the thread, we all no that the 9's are making around 400-420 bhp, been making these fiqures since last year, the 360 starts life as a gsr 280 bhp jap car, why he picked the 360 , then mod it is unbelievable, why not pick the 320 as a starting point, :confused: :confused:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.