Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled away from some traffic lights and gave my FQ360 a little bit of stick once i had fully engaged the clutch and it slipped, changed up to second and it happend again, engaged third and it was fine!
I have tried to get it to happen again but it wont :shake:

Its done just over 5500 miles and i have owned it for just over a week, i purchased as an ex-demo and have done 400 miles since!

Will this be covered under warranty? Surely it would as ive only had her a week? :confused::eek:

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Just pulled away from some traffic lights and gave my FQ360 a little bit of stick once i had fully engaged the clutch and it slipped, changed up to second and it happend again, engaged third and it was fine!
I have tried to get it to happen again but it wont :shake:

Its done just over 5500 miles and i have owned it for just over a week, i purchased as an ex-demo and have done 400 miles since!

Will this be covered under warranty? Surely it would as ive only had her a week? :confused::eek:
Stick it in as high a gear as it will take and floor it at around 2,000 rpm, if you can do it on a slight uphill stretch even better. This will make the clutch slip if it's going to.

As to whether Ralliart will cover it under warranty, it all depends on the dealer, but given that you can kill a stock clutch in less than a minute of abuse, you may have your work cut out.

Obviously if you noticed it the first time you took it out, and have only just got around to telling them about it a week later, then you may have a stronger case. ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spent the last hour messing around with it and it wont slip for love nor money now :rolleyes:

Tried as high gear as possible from low revs and its was fine, done this several times! Also done my 1st launch and its was fine :handsup: :confused:

Totally confused now, any ideas ?:confused:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Spent the last hour messing around with it and it wont slip for love nor money now :rolleyes:

Tried as high gear as possible from low revs and its was fine, done this several times! Also done my 1st launch and its was fine :handsup: :confused:

Totally confused now, any ideas ?:confused:
My helix 6 paddle has just experienced exact same symptoms as you describe, slipping then i leave it a day, take it to the garage the following day for them to have a look at it, giving it a bit of stick on the way and it was fine. Dealer said i could have just been bedding it in!! asked him if he'd been drinking!!
Been fine ever since though, ive tried to slip it again with some abuse to no avail!! Im as confused as you but happy its not broken i guess.
:confused:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Probably a silly question but are you sure your foot was not resting on the clutch pedal at all when you were giving some beans. Happened to me a while back in 2nd :rotz::blush:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well im starting to think/hope that was the case :mhihi:

Probably a silly question but are you sure your foot was not resting on the clutch pedal at all when you were giving some beans. Happened to me a while back in 2nd :rotz::blush:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts