Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
There's no such thing as an FQ360 HKS, I think the confusion is coming from the fact that most (if not all) of the IX MR FQ360s came with a "By HKS" badge underneath the FQ360 badge on the boot.

The Evo IX FQ range is as follows:

FQ300
FQ320
FQ340
FQ360

MR FQ360

There are a few differences between the MR FQ360 and the FQ360.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are the differences between the MR FQ360 and the FQ360?
Sorry but im new to Evo's:lol:
Kat

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
The list isn't definitive, but it gives a good idea of what the MR FQ360 has over the FQ360:

• Self-levelling headlights
• No additional alarm fob (built into key);
• Ralliart Wing Mirrors (on some models)
• New turbo with titanium aluminium alloy turbo fins and reduction in compressor inlet diameter (15.5)
• 17in, 11-spoke Speedline Turini alloy wheels
• Privacy glass
• Lowered ‘Eibach’ coil springs – 10mm front / 5mm rear
• Aluminium scuff protectors in the door frames
• Piano black dash inserts
• Available in Gunmetal Grey, not available in Black, yellow or blue.

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
rob are some of those options as i have the levelers and alarm in key
and possibly the privacy glass? how dark is the PG?
mine are smoked for sure but its not film

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
rob are some of those options as i have the levelers and alarm in key
and possibly the privacy glass? how dark is the PG?
mine are smoked for sure but its not film
I'd have thought the privacy glass would be an option at any garage for any car, but the IX MR came with it on the rear windows as standard.

I believe the earlier cars didn't come with the alarm fob combined into the key, but just had the closing and locking functions on the key. Again, it may well have been an option in Japan though.

As for the self-levelling headlights, I assume these adjust with speed to give you further visibility when you're travelling fast, but I've never actually seen them. The VIII GSRs (at least) have adjustable headlights, but they self-adusting ligths weren't standard as far as I know until the IX MR.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The list isn't definitive, but it gives a good idea of what the MR FQ360 has over the FQ360:

• Self-levelling headlights
• No additional alarm fob (built into key);
• Ralliart Wing Mirrors (on some models)
• New turbo with titanium aluminium alloy turbo fins and reduction in compressor inlet diameter (15.5)
• 17in, 11-spoke Speedline Turini alloy wheels
• Privacy glass
• Lowered 'Eibach' coil springs - 10mm front / 5mm rear
• Aluminium scuff protectors in the door frames
• Piano black dash inserts
• Available in Gunmetal Grey, not available in Black, yellow or blue.
don't forget the MR Badge! :)
I heard that thing gives ya an extra 25bhp!

hehe

just kidding
but in fairness the 9 in gunmetal gray just looks amazing!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Headlamp self leveling is part of the modern (european?!) specifications for any car fitted with HID headlights, along with headlamp washers.
There's a sensor at the rear of the car that looks for the rear suspension being compressed (not specifically) and therefore, the headlights aiming up; If you're towing a caravan for example. There will then be an instruction sent to a set of motors in the headlights to lower the beam height so as not to dazzle oncoming traffic.

Paul
As for the self-levelling headlights, I assume these adjust with speed to give you further visibility when you're travelling fast, but I've never actually seen them. The VIII GSRs (at least) have adjustable headlights, but they self-adusting ligths weren't standard as far as I know until the IX MR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts