Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just came across a Civic Type R with "System R" plastered down the side of it. I assume its some sort of upgrade as it kept up with me fairly well although I still gained about 5 to 6 cars length on it from approx 40 to ?? before I slowed and let it past. Is this some kind of upgrade as it seemed to keep up quite well and I was surprised, although it sounded bloody awful, it reminded me of when you put a piece of paper over a comb and then blow through it. Just wondered what BHP/Torque it was kicking out. Did a search on Google but can't find it, just curious.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Famous steveyb said:
was it a red one????
If yes, it sounds like the one featured in issue 41 of Banzai.

Paul JOnes, ex Garrett engineer............left setup own company.......'system R'..........car remains 'N/A (normally aspirated), but has 250bhp @ 9000rpm, think he is based in Warrington.

Try www.banzaimagazine.com

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Famous steveyb said:
was it a red one????
Yes it was, TBH there was nothing in it really until approx 70 ish, the next thing I remember was the Road Angel beeping as I have set it to warn me of my speed once I hit xxmph, [This plus missus moaning tends to slow me down], looked in my mirror and he had tucked him self in behind me in my lane and was approx 5-6 car lengths behind. I slowed and then he nearly took my back end off as he was obviously still acclerating he then swerved at last min into the other lane.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
EVO Maybe said:
I have been a passenger in a standard Type R and wasn't that impressed, perhaps my driver wasn't trying??
You need to know how to drive a Honda mate ;)

If you do, then they become a good stealth weapon ;)

Not putting them in Evo league but there are some quick Hondas, take my Civic Jordan at 240bhp, would murder a lot of big cars due to power top weight :)

·
Registered
884 Posts
yup, i know.............my missus has just ordered herself a Black one..gets it this weekend all things being equal.......... :crackup: :D

At the end of Banzai article.......'since photoshoot........Spoon four-pot calipers...and plans in pipe-line to upgrade and install independant throttle bodies and carry out 2.2 or 2.4 stroker conversion

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
All told I spent the best part of £15k on the engine of that little car & made a Banzai article a while back.

A lot of Spoon bolt on stuiff with Jun internals & Skunk2 cams etc. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
EVO Maybe said:
Yes it was, TBH there was nothing in it really until approx 70 ish, the next thing I remember was the Road Angel beeping as I have set it to warn me of my speed once I hit 90mph, [This plus missus moaning tends to slow me down], looked in my mirror and he had tucked him self in behind me in my lane and was approx 5-6 car lengths behind. I slowed and then he nearly took my back end off as he was obviously still acclerating he then swerved at last min into the other lane.
Hi mate, there are a few System R CTR's kicking about but if it was a red one then it probably belongs to Paul.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello.

This is my first post here. Don't normally come and watch the big boys....other than when I'm racing them at Santa Pod. :coolsm:

I noticed a link to this thread on the civic forum and thought I would share a little inside information with you.

The car was indeed Paul Jones's Type R and he rang me when he got home to say he suprised an Evo on his way home the other night. :D

The car is still NA but running IPS K2 cams. We dyno'd the car on his rollers the other day and its making 230bhp @ wheels which works out about 280bhp. I have an identical setup but with Toda racecams and am running at 223wbhp/[email protected] fly.
It is still 2L and a stroker kit is planned very soon.

That car is currently the quickest NA CTR in the country with a [email protected] It will go faster now the tuning is finished.

Paul is a good mate of mine and a real gent. He has loads of experience on Evo's having owned one and gets quite a few in for mod work and tuning. The 4wd dyno is now setup and running and rated to 650bhp so if anyone fancies going to see a tuner with a passion for his cars with a wealth of experience give him a shout.

His website is: system-r.co.uk

Paul

PS: I will go quicker than him. :crackup:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tp said:
Hello.

This is my first post here. Don't normally come and watch the big boys....other than when I'm racing them at Santa Pod. :coolsm:

I noticed a link to this thread on the civic forum and thought I would share a little inside information with you.

The car was indeed Paul Jones's Type R and he rang me when he got home to say he suprised an Evo on his way home the other night. :D

The car is still NA but running IPS K2 cams. We dyno'd the car on his rollers the other day and its making 230bhp @ wheels which works out about 280bhp. I have an identical setup but with Toda racecams and am running at 223wbhp/[email protected] fly.

That car is currently the quickest NA CTR in the country with a [email protected] It will go faster now the tuning is finished.

Paul is a good mate of mine and a real gent. He has loads of experience on Evo's having owned one and gets quite a few in for mod work and tuning. The 4wd dyno is now setup and running and rated to 650bhp so if anyone fancies going to see a tuner with a passion for his cars with a wealth of experience give him a shout.

Paul

You can tell him that once I noticed I had opened up a considerable gap I eased right off the gas, which is the truth by the way. I will give him this though he did keep up for a while but I didn't fancy continuing at that speed in a 50mph limit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
EVO Maybe said:
You can tell him that once I noticed I had opened up a considerable gap I eased right off the gas, which is the truth by the way. I will give him this though he did keep up for a while but I didn't fancy continuing at that speed in a 50mph limit.
I would expect no other reply than this. :cry:

No-one there but you 2 to see what happened.

TBH driving over 70mph should be kept on the track and the fact you did over 90 even on a national speed limit.......... :eek: ;)

·
Registered
884 Posts
tp said:
Hello.

Paul

Book me in......Two cars...........1 Evo VIII and a Civic type 'R........hee-hee......she hasn't even got it yet and I'm already searchin for goodies :crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
tp said:
Hello.

Paul

Sounds great mate- I'm still a big fan of Honda after owning my 230bhp Civic Jordan which based on the B16A2 block & head wasn't bad going and was huge fun. The K20 block certainly has taken the car to teh next level. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts