Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

so i've just bought an evo viii mr fq300. picked it up yesteday and drove it back from northampton to glasgow. really enjoying it so far :D

the first owner had it badged up on the outside as a 340. the dealer says he thinks it may be chipped and this is why the previous owner did this but he isn't sure. i'm going to get it on a rolling road at some point to see what it's putting out but in the meantime i want to change it back to 300 badges on the outside.

so basically i just need to get 3 "0" badges. just wondering if anyone on here can easily get hold of these or should i order them from my local dealer?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The dealer thinks it *may* be chipped? Handy...

Either way first owner is obviously some sort of weirdo. No doubt you can get the badges from Mitsu but someone somewhere will know of a cheaper deal im sure.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hi Billy :)

"Chipping" is very rare these days, although it may have been remapped via Ecutek, or maybe he stuck one of the Ralliart ECU's in it.

Is there anything in the paperwork, recipts etc that would show it?

Dave at Ears Motorsport is where I got my FQ300 ones from, in black. Not bloody cheap wherever you get them.

Good on you for putting the right ones back on there though!

MB

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
If I remember correctly, you can get FQ-300 badges for about £10 from Mitsi or from [email protected]

However, having replaced my silver FQ-330 badges with black badges made-up from FQ-300 script, I have three unused black badges saying FQ-000! For a tenner, I will send you one of these badges, and you've then got the zeros you need.

PM me if you're interested.

Martin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts