Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
There is a certain style of flying that when I watch the video I find that I am leaning my head and dodging objects as they fly past the screen. This is my attempt at recreating one of those video's in my own style of flying.

The final crash at the end broke two props and 1 motor shaft. The wind at some points was very strong which made being behind a wall of trees and over a very deep gorge that little bit more exciting.

Best viewed full screen @720p

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Awesome flying, and I can appreciate the complexity. The ending has a sort of cyclonic feel. :lol:
Noticed even your spotter was flying a quad at one point?
Got a few questions for you so will email.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Great skills. Love the risky maneuvers. :smthumbup
Couple of props is a small price for a great vid.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome flying, and I can appreciate the complexity. The ending has a sort of cyclonic feel. :lol:
Noticed even your spotter was flying a quad at one point?
Got a few questions for you so will email.
Cool mike I will check my mail box. Yes he started with a Hexacopter built of my design but soon ended up going down the Quadcopter route after a few crashes, but we will rebuild the Hexacopter to be a heavy lift platform for some gimbals.

Great skills. Love the risky maneuvers. :smthumbup
Couple of props is a small price for a great vid.
Thanks mate, nice to hear. Many props are harmed in the making of these video's but like you say...worth every one :smthumbup

Probably a silly question but when flying are you watching the video feed in real time?
..there are only silly answers. Yes I am viewing FPV (First Person View), I have a two cameras on the Quad, one for filming (which you get to see on YouTube). The other camera image is transmitted real time to a pair of video goggles using 5.8Ghz so that I can fly like I am inside the Quad, full immersion, its amazing! ;)

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Looking to spend some money on a quadcopter. Found one with gimbal for gopro. and its a foldaway one too. :) Just got to order it now, 4 week waiting list I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts