Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is the first time in this forum and after reading all the threads i think its the best so far for earlier Evo models owner. Ive been reading alot abt forged pistons. My question is, if i were to use forged pistons on a stock evo III what other modds will i have to do? Can i just plonk in the pistons without changing anything? Hows the realiability of the engine? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
146 Posts
The first question then must be why do you want to fit forged pistons? Generally when you start to change internals you have pretty serious plans for your engine in terms of tuning and power out put. If you are preparing the engine for high power you would also want to go for forged conrods while your at it and the engine is apart. Otherwise there wouldn’t be much use for forged internals. :)

·
Premium Member
16,921 Posts
I did a lot of research on this before building my Forged E2 engine, i came to the conclusion that the Ross Pistons and Eagle Rods are best value.. and more than strong enough for most people ( 500hp+ )...you will need to have the block bored if fitting forgies as getting the right piston to bore clearance it critical.

HTH

Ian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
evovii_swe said:
The first question then must be why do you want to fit forged pistons? Generally when you start to change internals you have pretty serious plans for your engine in terms of tuning and power out put. If you are preparing the engine for high power you would also want to go for forged conrods while your at it and the engine is apart. Otherwise there wouldn't be much use for forged internals. :)
The main reason for changing to forged is to have stronger internals. Ive cracked my standard pistons once and i foresee it'll cracked again due to overboosting. Its kinda preventative measure for any boost spiking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts