Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a IV block in good condition wich im planing on rebuilding with a stroker kit. But I have bin reading on the forum that the IV block is not as good as v+ ? Is this something that can be fixed ore should I just skip the iv block and find me an other block?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I thought it was and Im sure il be corrected on this the crank and top centre that is the problem on 4s...??? needless to say after my forged 4 going bye bye I was advised to go for a later engine and was informed the 8 motor was the best??

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I have a IV block in good condition wich im planing on rebuilding with a stroker kit. But I have bin reading on the forum that the IV block is not as good as v+ ? Is this something that can be fixed ore should I just skip the iv block and find me an other block?
Ive had a forged 4 block for 5 years and guy had the car before me for 2 years ,40k miles :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
the e4 block is pretty much the same as the e1/2 and 3.the main issue is crankwalk if you forge it.as long as you keep an eye on the thrust bearings and change when needed all will be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts