Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, I know a lot of you on this forum dont agree with VTA dump valves.. But I have just purchased a Forge MotorSport VTA for my Evo6.. Very nice, looks good, build quality is superb, full life time guarentee etc etc..

Since installing it (today) My idling is fine (at a stand still) but sometimes when say pulling up to a set off light at about 3,000 revs and coming to a stop the revs drop to near the bottom off the clock, sometimes making the power stearing feel stiff.. Is this normal with these valves? It also makes a noise like CH ch ch ch ch chc h Like a chatter when I first installed it, after about 10 miles of running in, it has now started to make another noise to, like a low pffffffffck NOT A (PFFFFFFCHTTTT and amp;lt;-- notice the T's :) ) so all together it sounds like CH ch CH chchchch Pfffffffffffck this is normal right? I wasnt expecting 2 diffrent types ( *note second noise started after 10 miles or so) of noise coming from it, or maybe somewhere else?

Just would like my mind put to ease and know its all working right! :) Sounds good looks good though..

comments?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the Forge, but I do have a HKS dump valve. The only reason my one started making different noises was because it wasn't venting and I was listening to the Turbo stall.

Recommend you check no pipes etc. have popped off, if you haven't already.

By the way, I haven't got a clue what sound you are trying to spell out.

How about a link to a .wav then we can all have a listen and try to diagnose it.

Cheers

Charles

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
U are welcome! Hope this isn't the start of a problem for you though with the valve!!!

Noise doesn't sound :D right at all...

I'm not even going to attempt to recreate the sound of mine!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok it sounds like. erm... A stutter, like ----Ch ch ch ch---- each space is a pause in its sound (Waste gate chatter all most) But also there is a sound in there a little like a room deoderizer spray goin of.

I spoke to Forge they say that tgey are sending me an Alloy spacer to go in it? I would like to know, if you have a fualty valve or it dont work properly will it harm my turbo? I need to know....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.