Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body want to swap d/v with me i have a forge reccirc and want something loud, supersonic would be ideal?

what you got?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey Mate!

I have an HKS BOV on my E5. It´s hell of loud. Gotta have look what type it is exactly. As that thing is not road legal in my country I might be interested in a swap.

I was wondering: What are the advantages /disadvantages of BOV and Recirc? Other than the fact, that one is loud and the other isn´t.... :mhihi:

On my Focus RS i felt that for some reason boost build up was quicker with the recirc. Or maybe that was just me....?!?

Nick

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Hey Mate!

I have an HKS BOV on my E5. It´s hell of loud. Gotta have look what type it is exactly. As that thing is not road legal in my country I might be interested in a swap.

I was wondering: What are the advantages /disadvantages of BOV and Recirc? Other than the fact, that one is loud and the other isn´t.... :mhihi:

On my Focus RS i felt that for some reason boost build up was quicker with the recirc. Or maybe that was just me....?!?

Nick
A BOV (VTA) vents excess boost pressure to air - making the noise you hear.

A recirc does what it says, it recirculates the air back into the intake when you come off the throttle. This means when you jump back on the throttle, there is air on the intake side keeping your turbo spinning so there is reduced turbo lag.

That's my understanding anyway, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :blush::crackup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah thats right, i dont notice the difference weather i have mine on reccirc or vta, it just idles slower thats the only thing i noticed, thats on a stage 1 vii may be different on other models

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Mate!

Nick
what type of noise comes off it? a whoosh or jap sound?

why isnt it legal?

·
Registered
239 Posts
what type of noise comes off it? a whoosh or jap sound?

why isnt it legal?
Hey Mate!

Depends on the situation. If you lift of on light boost it will whistle and do that in the typical fiififififiiiiii way. If you lift of on full boost it will be a whisteling wooosh sound.

I will get to the car tomorrow. Maybe I can take some pics. I know for sure, that it is an HKS unit....

Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts